Railroad Forums 

• Railroads on Television

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#1528141  by Gilbert B Norman

Ken V wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:23 am Based on steam locomotive 385 in the background to the right, it appears to be the Whippany Railway Museum in New Jersey. The Presidential train is departing the station heading west.
Mr. Ken V; now for the follow up question; where did the Stainless Steel cars come from as they do not appear to be part of the Museum's collection:

http://www.whippanyrailwaymuseum.net/exhibits/equipment
 #1528151  by CarterB

Definitely Whippany Railway Museum
 #1528267  by Ken V

Gilbert B Norman wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:26 am,,,where did the Stainless Steel cars come from as they do not appear to be part of the Museum's collection
From what can be seen using Google maps here and here and from other photographs of the Museum, there is more equipment housed there than shown on the Museum's website. Whether these are also a part of their collection or stored there for other owners, I do not know. I've never visited the Museum in question.
 #1539289  by Gilbert B Norman

HoBO will begin siring a seven years series this Sunday titled "Run".

From a New York Times review, it appears to be some kind of "Rom-Com" (romance-comedy, I guess) and the plot appears to move forth on an "X-Country train departing Grand Central😀". From photos, it further appears that the "stage sets" are authentic Superliners (a little "stealth digging" to the GCT tunnels, eh?).

I think this will be "sport" - oh maybe for fifteen minutes.
 #1551198  by Gilbert B Norman

Much as I disagree with the marketing of prescription drugs. there is an ad circulating for Eluquis (ask your Doctor what conditions it is to address. Then don't pressure him to "put you on it") that shows the Fort William-Mallaig (Scotland, UK) excursion train.

I rode the line during '79, simply on a BR train using a pass. But the majestic Highland scenery, looks the same from a DMU as it does from a £200 excursion train, aboard and from which the ad was shot.

disclaimer: author Long: BMY, PFE
 #1595304  by Gilbert B Norman

Did anyone know that Helena MT has rail passenger service?

Well, apparently the Producers of an ABC TV Series, "The Big Sky" think so. While, for Broadcast TV, this show takes violence to a new level, it was interesting to see in the background a passenger train looking "for all the world" like one of New Mexico's Railrunner.

Even if the show is set in and around Helena, the production credits state its filmed in New Mexico (they are quite aggressive in luring productions to the state - including the infamous production of the movie "Rust"). They must have shot this particular scene within the vicinity of the BNSF.

Oh well, "that's Hollywood".
 #1606941  by Gilbert B Norman

Well, If you are to believe a line of script from the HBO TV show "Industry", it's about to.

Oh well, "That's Hollywood" (oh whoops, this show is a co-production with a Welsh concern).

Although I hold that an East-West "duopoly" is inevitable. I won't be around to see it. Maybe this Welsh production company, Bad Wolf, is also a "soothsayer".
 #1620041  by Cowford

And now for something completely random: One of the two main characters in the first episode of the Netflix series, "Beef" is wearing a vest that has a C&NW patch sewn on in one of the scenes.
 #1620423  by Gilbert B Norman

Possibly this material presented on CNBC as a documentary, which also has been been placed at General Class I Discussion as it appears directed towards the state of the Class I industry (including Amtrak as that is recognized as a Class I railroad(60 minutes):

https://youtu.be/vQe_B0x4iso

If there is disproportionate coverage of passenger rail within, lest we not forget what DPM observed over fifty years ago that "the world looks at railroads through the windows of its passenger trains".