Railroad Forums 

• How goes Route 15 east end construction?

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1461015  by train2

From time to time I check in on the Route 15 east end's progress. It is the only section of Septa's system I still need/would like to ride. I know the construction is long term, but it seems like it started several years ago now with a completion date of projected for several years out. Is there any end in sight on this project?

As in any construction there there is always delays. However in the case of the 95 construction is it not possible when construction near the interstate area is compete the trolley car line could reopen long before the highway is complete? Anyone willing to project out a ballpark completion date?, month? quarter? year?
 #1461167  by mm670

The terminus is still Frankford & Delaware Ave.

Tracks / Poles / Wires are there from Frankford to between Susquehanna & Fletcher.
Tracks / Poles / No Wire from Susquehanna / Fletcher to Ann (under I-95).
Tracks Paved Over / Poles / No Wire from Ann to Westmoreland.
Westmoreland Loop (terminus since 1956) still has the tracks but no wire.

North from Richmond to Bridge to Milnor Loop removed from trolley service in 1955 has no tracks, no polies and no wire.
The Milnor Loop appears to be under the I-95 ramp.
South from Milnor Loop via Bridge to Thompson to Orthodox to Richmond removed from trolley service in 1955 has no tracks, no poles and no wire.
 #1461784  by train2

mm670

These locations you mentioned with no wire and tracks paved over are part of the current Route 15? Is that correct? If the wire is down under 95 I could see that, but tracks paved over don't look promising for a return to service.
 #1461827  by ekt8750

train2 wrote:mm670

These locations you mentioned with no wire and tracks paved over are part of the current Route 15? Is that correct? If the wire is down under 95 I could see that, but tracks paved over don't look promising for a return to service.
Up to Westmoreland Loop yes. They removed the wire and paved the tracks over cause they all will need replacing once service is ready to be restored anyway. That track from Ann St to the loop wasn't rehabbed when the line was originally restored.