Railroad Forums 

• Amtrak ACS-64 Sprinter Discussion

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1329786  by srock1028

ThirdRail7 wrote:
ACeInTheHole wrote:Air issues is what I heard on #616.
The air issue was a result...a side effect if you will....of the root issue and it wasn't air related.

So, as usual, you heard wrong.
Ah you beat me to it!
 #1330009  by ThirdRail7

Smooooooke on the waaaater....on the Harrisburg line.....I mean A fire in the sky!!

Smooooooke on the waaaater.

Maybe it is time for another weather report from Aceinthehole! :P
 #1330070  by ThirdRail7

ApproachMedium wrote:Amtrak electrics and fire. Together forever.

I still think its too quick to be scrapping DCs and decommissioning ACs.
Well, this does help me out with one thing:

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopi ... 0#p1184228" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Re: Sprinter ACS-64 Electric Loco: Siemens.

Postby ThirdRail7 » Sun May 12, 2013 11:22 pm

hi55us wrote:

Tadman wrote:
Do we have a nickname for these yet, in the vein of "toasters", "bananas", et al?

Panzers? Vaders?

The V-Neck :)

Let's see how they run first.
Now that I've seen them in action, I think I found a better nickname. I suggest we call them the

:wink: :P
 #1330079  by hi55us

Had another one break down in Providence on #165 today (didn't catch the unit #). Train was packed for Mother's day and the passengers swamped the ticket windows at Providence when the crew said we can go upstairs to switch our tickets to #2259... There was easily 200 people in line at the PVD ticket windows for 2 agents.

Ultimately they rebooted the engine and we pulled into NYP only 1 hour late (not bad if you ask me).
 #1330093  by ACeInTheHole

ThirdRail7 wrote:Smooooooke on the waaaater....on the Harrisburg line.....I mean A fire in the sky!!

Smooooooke on the waaaater.

Maybe it is time for another weather report from Aceinthehole! :P
Cute. So wait we broke another Sprinter or another reman is dead?
 #1330107  by 8th Notch

hi55us wrote:Had another one break down in Providence on #165 today (didn't catch the unit #). Train was packed for Mother's day and the passengers swamped the ticket windows at Providence when the crew said we can go upstairs to switch our tickets to #2259... There was easily 200 people in line at the PVD ticket windows for 2 agents.

Ultimately they rebooted the engine and we pulled into NYP only 1 hour late (not bad if you ask me).
That would be the #628..
 #1330266  by ThirdRail7

ACeInTheHole wrote:
Backshophoss wrote:From TR7's reference to "Deep Purple" and "Queen",believe an ACS-64 failed it's test run.
If the 640 pops up again on the test train tomorrow, well know.
640 isn't scheduled to finish the tests it floundered this week. Additionally, it was a previously accepted unit that is in revenue service that smoked up the place. I wish they had a slab of salmon on board when it happened. I liked smoked salmon. :-D

86 degrees and climbing.