Railroad Forums 

• Interesting consists

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1273996  by Limited-Clear

The 8 car consist runs every weekday as 9784, the 9 car deadhead also runs everyday, 2 trains combine at Trenton and turn as a 9car train back to Philadelphia, both trains are evening trains
 #1274000  by jackintosh11

Limited-Clear wrote:The 8 car consist runs every weekday as 9784, the 9 car deadhead also runs everyday, 2 trains combine at Trenton and turn as a 9car train back to Philadelphia, both trains are evening trains
SEPTA runs an 8 car train?!
 #1274002  by Quinn

jackintosh11 wrote:Chestnut hill west, 701-882-881
What is interesting about this combination?
 #1274009  by Limited-Clear

It's the first single and the last married pair
 #1274650  by 4400Washboard

jackintosh11 wrote:
Limited-Clear wrote:The 8 car consist runs every weekday as 9784, the 9 car deadhead also runs everyday, 2 trains combine at Trenton and turn as a 9car train back to Philadelphia, both trains are evening trains
SEPTA runs an 8 car train?!
I'd take Limited-Clear's word for it
 #1275599  by rslitman

The four cars on train 328 this morning were married pairs 111-112 and 109-110. It's too bad they weren't put together in sequence. On a more bizarre note, 109 and 111 were the lead cars on two recent West Trenton-bound trains that were involved in incidents. 109 led the train that struck and killed someone walking on the track on April 7. 111 led the train that struck an SUV left on the track on a Friday not too long ago.
 #1275697  by sammy2009

Does anyone know what time the push-pull trains run on the Trenton Line ...I've never rode SEPTA's and I'd like to ride them on the Trenton Line.
 #1275870  by R3 Passenger

sammy2009 wrote:Does anyone know what time the push-pull trains run on the Trenton Line ...I've never rode SEPTA's and I'd like to ride them on the Trenton Line.
Trains 9724 (inbound) in the morning and 9745 (outbound) in the afternoon are push-pull.
 #1278172  by Limited-Clear

A work extra (tie train) schedule to leave liberty yard today just after 9am with diesel 60 and 61, should be going to the Norristown ljne
 #1284338  by scotty269

Limited-Clear wrote:A work extra (tie train) schedule to leave liberty yard today just after 9am with diesel 60 and 61, should be going to the Norristown ljne
61 and 60 preparing to leave Liberty Yard just before 9am this morning, this time with ballast.

#1291784  by rslitman

Train 328 this morning, 9/9/14, was led by a reversed married pair. 158 was in the lead. Usually, the odd-numbered car, which would have been 157, is on the Reading side. The rear two cars were oriented correctly. I believe they were 121 and 122.

A lot of IVs have weak horns. 158's had a strange weak sound I haven't heard on other cars. With the exception of Elwyn, most Pennsylvania side lines don't have many grade crossings. Thus, this one, if it usually points in the Pennsylvania direction, doesn't have that many routine horn blows. Ironically, unless there was an equipment change along the route, it led inbound from Elwyn on 328 this morning before hitting the 11 grade crossings on the West Trenton line.