Railroad Forums 

• traffic on the fec these days?

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1254134  by MEC&BAR

Hello

I will be coming down in late March early April, I was wondering about the schedule for the freights and any rough idea when they leave.
Also didn't know about what locations/areas are better for catching the most trains, north or south, or does it even matter?
I am going to try and plan the trip if I can on the most action I can get in a day.

Thank You
Last edited by MEC&BAR on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #1254175  by GOLDEN-ARM

MEC&BAR wrote:Hello

I will be coming down in late March early April, I was wondering about the schedule for the freights and any rough idea when they leave.
Also didn't know about what locations/areas are better for catching the most trains, north or south, or does it even matter?
I am going to try and plan the trip if I can on the most action I can get in a day.

Thank You
Travis
the answer is found in the "READ ME FIRST" section. the fec website has the train schedules listed. http://www.fecrwy.com/intermodal-custom ... n-schedule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the railroad is 340 miles long. since you give no location where you are visiting, you don't give a guy much to work with. :P
 #1273894  by Noel Weaver

There are more trains in the works in South Florida. This has been common knowledge for some of us for a while now. Here is a link to an article in the local rag although I don't think much of the article, it is rather interesting reading.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/fl-railroad ... 8950.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Noel Weaver
 #1295145  by Lincoln78

FEC is alive and well.

I spent last week in a hotel on off PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens near the FEC line. I heard (and sometimes saw) several trains daily during the time I was not working in the early AM and evening.