Railroad Forums 

• Terror on the Tracks

• Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.
Discussion related to railroads/trains that show up in TV shows, commercials, movies, literature (books, poems and more), songs, the Internet, and more... Also includes discussion of well-known figures in the railroad industry or the rail enthusiast hobby.

Moderator: Aa3rt

#106230  by Metalrailz

Did anyone happen to catch this program last night(3/10) on the Discovery Channel hosted by Stone Philips. The program showed a railfan who caught video of a Norfolk Sothern crashing into the back of a tractor trailer at a railroad crossing resulting in a 9 car motor vehicle accident. The program also showed the fatal bus crash in Fox Grove. Before that show aired they had one before it called"Vehicles out of control", in this show they had news footage of the 2 NJ Transit trains that side swiped one another in North Jersey.

#106274  by Urban D Kaye

Yep, I caught the midnite re-broadcast.

Interesting that 2 of the cases profiled on the program involved traffic lights that were so close to the tracks that a school bus or truck fouled the track while obeying the light. Reminds me of that berry truck collision at an Xing in SoCal a coupla weeks ago.

As for me, given the choice, I'm runnin' the damn red light.

Don't mess with the express.
-Urban

#107133  by CNJGeep

Yes, I saw it. It was okay. Not spectacular, but not terrible