Trackage Rights/Burning off Mileage

Discussion relating to the NYC and subsidiaries, up to 1968. Visit the NYCS Historical Society for more information.

Moderator: Otto Vondrak

Statkowski

Re: Trackage Rights/Burning off Mileage

Post by Statkowski » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:06 am

BR&P wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pm
Is there any good source for pics of that area back then, a book maybe, or local library?
Few and far between, unfortunately. What received the attention was the Main Line activity, not some backwoods branch up in the hills - nothing glamorous about that, especially when it was a branch of a branch.

The New York Central historical group's "Headlights" had an article a few years back on Beech Creek District operations. Don't know about the Baltimore & Ohio's historical group doing anything on their Buffalo, Rochester & Pittsburgh local operations.

But, like you said, it is a fascinating topic not normally discussed.
Ex-NYNH&H SS Opr

charlie6017

Re: Trackage Rights/Burning off Mileage

Post by charlie6017 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:20 pm

BR&P wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pm

And if somebody wants to contact an Admin and have this spun off to a separate thread either in the PA railfan or in the NYC section, that's fine with me, just leave a post saying where it was moved to. I think this topic could develop legs of its own in the proper location.
I created a new thread for the discussion in the NYC forum and also PM'ed the moderator requesting him to split off the posts to
the newly created thread. :wink:

https://www.railroad.net/viewtopic.php?f=93&t=170452
~Charlie Ricker

Return to “New York Central”