Railroad Forums 

• Good Stuff

• Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
Discussion relating to the NH and its subsidiaries (NYW&B, Union Freight Railroad, Connecticut Company, steamship lines, etc.). up until its 1969 inclusion into the Penn Central merger. This forum is also for the discussion of efforts to preserve former New Haven equipment, artifacts and its history. You may also wish to visit www.nhrhta.org for more information.
 #1475246  by ExCon90

I remember that years ago there was a lower-quadrant manual-block signal governing eastward movement on the branch. What rules are in effect now?
 #1475250  by Noel Weaver

ExCon90 wrote:I remember that years ago there was a lower-quadrant manual-block signal governing eastward movement on the branch. What rules are in effect now?
That signal was a manual block signal, CTC and cab signals are in use on the Danbury Branch these days.
Noel Weaver
 #1475365  by ExCon90

I thought as much -- that signal was a landmark to look for when I passed through Norwalk on the Shore Line. It just isn't as interesting with stop-and-go, is it?