Railroad Forums 

• nrex 5057-5058 c36-7 units

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#401111  by dash7

Hey there ,I was wondering if anyone knows the fate of the two ex Hamersley Iron Goninan/GE C36-7 loco's?, as i know that 5059 now 59 is happy on the Minnesota Commercial Railroad but i have googled & googled and have all but disapeared! are they scrapped? as they are not on the NRE roster? thanks; :-D dash7
 #404485  by Bryanjones

dash7 wrote:Hey there ,I was wondering if anyone knows the fate of the two ex Hamersley Iron Goninan/GE C36-7 loco's?, as i know that 5059 now 59 is happy on the Minnesota Commercial Railroad but i have googled & googled and have all but disapeared! are they scrapped? as they are not on the NRE roster? thanks; :-D dash7
these units were sold along with a number of other C30-7, C36-7 and SF30C types to one of the railroads in Brazil.

Bryan Jones
Brooks,KY

#404502  by dash7

thanks for that bryan, i will try to track them down.dash7 :-)