Railroad Forums 

• What type of brake shoe does a C32-8 use?

• Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.
Discussion of General Electric locomotive technology. Current official information can be found here: www.getransportation.com.

Moderators: MEC407, AMTK84

#152017  by TerryC

I had some posts and a WHOLE topic vanish. I was asking a question that is as legitimate as others I have seen on this web page. I was asking what type of brake shoe a C32-8 uses since I saw one lying on the ground at Junction City Mining in Georgia. Again, please tell me where it went and why.

keep searching keep finding
1929th member to join this forum

#152030  by CSX ENG

Maybe the moderator was getting tired of your silly questions and my cynical remarks??

#152043  by MEC407

The topic was deleted for two reasons:

1) Instead of asking your question just once, you kept asking it over and over again, even though it was clear that nobody was able to answer your question.

2) Somebody else posted a reply that was not only off-topic, but also offensive. (It wasn't CSX ENG.)

If anybody is able to answer your question, I'm sure they will post a reply. Re-asking your question again and again will not get you a better or speedier answer.

#152234  by byte

About the actual topic at hand, I'm pretty sure the C32-8s would use the same type of brake shoes as any other GE engine with the same trucks. I don't work in a locomotive shop or anything, but I highly doubt that a C32-8 would use anything out of the ordinary as far as a brake shoe goes...

#152240  by TerryC

Thanks for the information, byte.

Somebody else posted a reply that was not only off-topic, but also offensive. (It wasn't CSX ENG.) Oh, that is a load of bull.

Out of the blue, CSX ENG types AND posts this "TerryC and I both need to know what kind of brake shoes this unit has........" http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#151863 He (or she; probably he) just started SHOVING words into my mouth and is saying I have hobby that is completely FALSE. Now he is confusing and or making other people think that I have this brake shoes hobby. Again this hobby is FALSE! I ask questions that may seem as odd as other questions asked by other members in this forum, but when certain people see I posted some what odd post (in their eyes) they fill it with rude posts. What is this rude and destructive need to insult, degrade, and humiliate fellow human being and their ideas.

Please unlock the G.E version of Final production figures.

#152370  by MEC407

Terry,

Please don't make matters worse. I've stood up for you on occasion when others have said things to you that were unkind or insulting, and I will continue to do so, but you need to meet me halfway. If you can't follow the rules, your posts will be deleted -- same as anybody else.