Railroad Forums 

• Need photo of CB&Q stock car 50500 series

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #1038863  by BR&P

When I hired out on NYC we used to get carloads of pigs in double-deck stock cars in the CB&Q 50500 series. Looking for a photo of one I can use in a book I'm working on.
 #1162273  by umtrr-author

There are two photos on Page 76 of Morning Sun's CB&Q Color Guide to Freight and Passenger Equipment.

Cars are 50505 taken in 1967, and 50599 taken in 1977. They were the last CB&Q stock cars built at Havelock in 1962, series 50500 to 50599.

The book is "gettable" on eBay at non-ridiculous prices.
 #1163071  by BR&P

I'll get that book. Wonder how easy (or hard) it would be to get Morning Sun's OK to re-use one for my book.

Is there an exact date for that photo of CBQ 50505? Interestingly enough I dug out one of my old yard check books and thumbed through. On June 11, 1967 that exact car was at Rochester yard, empty, on track 2 in the North Yard waiting to go to Buffalo! It had delivered hogs to Tobin Packing Co. I'd say it's like finding an old friend, but I can still remember the smell! :(

Thanks very much, George! :-D
 #1280851  by Railjunkie

Old thread new question, were there ever any CB&Q stock cars in a green livery and if so any pics. I model the NYC in the mid 50s and I know Chinese red didn't start showing up until the late 50s early 60s.