Railroad Forums 

• Colorado Springs

• Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
Discussion relating to the Burlington Northern and its predecessors Great Northern, Northern Pacific, Chicago Burlington & Quincy, Seattle Portland & Seattle, St. Louis - San Francisco, and their subsidiaries. Visit the Friends of the Burlington Northern for more information.
 #98915  by rrsupplier

In 1959 and again in 1963 I rode the Denver Zephyr from Chicago to Colorado Springs. Some cars from the DZ were attached to the Royal Gorge for the trip down to the Springs. Eastbound trains (from the Springs to Denver and Chicago) left from a different station. How did the cars get from one station to the other? Were the cars wyed? Were they cleaned? Did the same on board crew work east the same day? Did the Rock Island train use the same stations? Last time I was there both stations remain in beautiful condition. Thanks.

#99767  by AmtrakFan

Well the Stations in Colorado Springs are a strip mall as of July 04. I think the stations were adjancent to each other.

#209197  by Erie2532

When I was in what is now Fort Carson during WWII, the two depots were across town from each other - according to the 1965 Official Guide, the distance was 7/8 of a mile. The Santa Fe, Rio Grande and C&S used both stations. The Rock Island only used one. Ted