Existing B&O passenger cars and locos

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
CarterB

Existing B&O passenger cars and locos

Post by CarterB » Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:14 pm

What still exists and where of any B&O passenger equip?

dkgrubb

Post by dkgrubb » Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:02 pm

There is a B&O observation car near the main line at Hyndman, PA.

Otto Vondrak

Post by Otto Vondrak » Thu Mar 25, 2004 4:05 pm

We have a B&O heavyweight baggage car we use for tool storage and as a workshop at the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum. Plans are to paint it in the late Royal Blue scheme as time and funds permit.
http://rochnrhs.org/rgvrrm_about.html
----------------------------------------------
Moderator: New York State Railfan :: New York Central :: Toy Trains
NYW&B Fan Site :: A Magazine I Read Often :: A Museum I Volunteer At

Schuylkill Valley

Post by Schuylkill Valley » Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:07 am

Theres a B&O coach at Strasburg Railroad and one at the former Blue Mountain & Reading Railroad in Hamburg, Pa.

Len.

moonlight

B&O Passenger Equipment

Post by moonlight » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:22 pm

I happen to own B&O 7600 MOONLIGHT DOME. The car is currently at Avalon Rail in West Allis, WI.

SUNLIGHT DOME is currently at Gateway Rail (formerly IL Transit Assembly) outside St. Louis.

STARLIGHT DOME is in Southern California.

LI Loco

Post by LI Loco » Tue May 04, 2004 10:10 pm

Central New York Chapter of NRHS owns a former B&O baggage / buffet / chair car that they keep at the New York State Fairgrounds just outside Syracuse.

RBMN-ENGR.

Post by RBMN-ENGR. » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:57 pm

There is a heavyweight baggage car in the Buffalo & Pittsburgh's Riker yard. Looks like it's being used for storage. Still in the B&O passenger colors, although very faded and rusty.

dkgrubb

Post by dkgrubb » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:26 pm

There is an old B&O Alco S4 diesel switcher at Cass, WEst Virginia, it was B&O #470, Chessie #9010, and South Branch Valley Railroad # 17. It's sister, B&O #469 is also there, albiet it a SBVRR paint scheme. Both are deteriorating and neglected.

The Rising

Post by The Rising » Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:39 pm

Speaking of the former B&O heavywieght in Hamburg, Does anybody know who owns it?

dave_van

B&O passenger cars

Post by dave_van » Sun Aug 08, 2004 7:54 pm

Opequon still is in revenue service for AOE I think it is now named Washington

rdgrailfan

two B&O passenger cars in Fort Washington PA

Post by rdgrailfan » Fri Oct 01, 2004 10:10 am

In Fort Washington PA (outside Philadelphia) a Subway Hogie shop operates with two B&O heavyweights that were placed there in the late 60"S. Just an FYI I have no information on these cars, appear to be in nice shape overall, some modifications to them. I do remember them at a siding near the Reading Company station, then they were towed down the street on flat beds and placed at the then Coach Inn . Was three now only two!

jhdeasy

Re: B&O Passenger Equipment

Post by jhdeasy » Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:37 pm

moonlight wrote:I happen to own B&O 7600 MOONLIGHT DOME. The car is currently at Avalon Rail in West Allis, WI.

Private car MOONLIGHT DOME arrived Philadelphia 30th Street Station on Amtrak # 40, The Three Rivers, on Sunday 10/24/2004, having traversed former B&O mileage in Indiana and Ohio.

Car is currently parked on track 30 at Penn Coach Yard. It departs on Amtrak Regional # 67 for Washington on Thursday 10/28, then onward to Charlotte on #79, The Carolinian, later that morning.

Trainheartedguy

Post by Trainheartedguy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:28 pm

Ex B&O F7-A #293A (#4553 after 1957), is now MARC #7100. Converted to an APCU recently, is used by MARC commuter as a cab on the Brunswick line and NEC. I have seen her many times. below is some info

http://www.trainweb.org/csxrailfan/nov9 ... c7100.html

Passenger Extra

Re: B&O Passenger Equipment

Post by Passenger Extra » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:48 am

moonlight wrote:I happen to own B&O 7600 MOONLIGHT DOME. The car is currently at Avalon Rail in West Allis, WI.

SUNLIGHT DOME is currently at Gateway Rail (formerly IL Transit Assembly) outside St. Louis.

STARLIGHT DOME is in Southern California.

STARLIGHT DOME or SANTA FE PLAZA, has been seen several times on the Coast Starlight. I suspect it was SANTA FE PLAZA, however, last I heard STARLIGHT DOME was either not roadworthy or under reconstruction.

PX

Passenger Extra

Re: B&O passenger cars

Post by Passenger Extra » Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:43 pm

dave_van wrote:Opequon still is in revenue service for AOE I think it is now named Washington
I rode AOE last year, Opequon is indeed in one of their consists renamed Monte Carlo. That car was originally assigned to the Cap, but also saw few miles on 19 & 20 and may have even been on 1 & 2 for a while.

Return to “Baltimore & Ohio/Chesapeake & Ohio/Western Maryland”