Railroad Forums 

Discussion relating to the B&O up to it's 1972 merger into Chessie System. Visit the B&O Railroad Historical Society for more information. Also discussion of the C&O up to 1972. Visit the C&O Historical Society for more information. Also includes the WM up to 1972. Visit the WM Historical Society for more information.
 #178291  by william powers

I am trying to obtain any photos depicting Louisville Central Station and/or passenger operations on the Louisville-North Vernon line. Louisville's "other" station had an array of interesting passenger operations on the IC, BO,CO, and if I am not mistaken Southern, and New York Central at one time. Surely, there must be more material out there than I have seen.
 #178646  by cw cabin

This might help with passenger operations on the B&O from Louisville to North Vernon. In here you will find timetable from 1960's. http://www.k8dti.com Go to articals/features, click on timetables. Select B&O Indiana Division, scroll down till you get to the line from Louisville to North Vernon. I think it's towards the end.
Last edited by cw cabin on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #179205  by eddiebear

The Big Four had trackage rights on the B & O down to Jeffersonville and used B & O for both passenger and freight operations.