Railroad Forums 

• New SEPTA Loco

• Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.
Discussion relating to Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (Philadelphia Metro Area). Official web site can be found here: www.septa.com. Also including discussion related to the PATCO Speedline rapid transit operated by Delaware River Port Authority. Official web site can be found here: http://www.ridepatco.org/.

Moderator: AlexC

#1480746  by ekt8750

mcgrath618 wrote:I wish we still had that set of Comet Is so that there could be more push pulls with all of these engines.
Next year...
 #1480749  by mcgrath618

ekt8750 wrote:
mcgrath618 wrote:I wish we still had that set of Comet Is so that there could be more push pulls with all of these engines.
Next year...
Next year the toasters will be gone.
 #1480780  by MACTRAXX

glennk419 wrote:
liftedjeep wrote:Per a friend at the scene, five more City Sprinters were delivered to Septa by CSX this afternoon at Woodbourne.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4990940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photo by T. Darnell
Ben
WOW. I believe that Siemens is ahead of schedule on the deliveries. That is almost ( if not ) the entire initial order.
Everyone: With this delivery of five Sprinters how many does SEPTA now have on the property?
Any idea how long is the testing process period before they are deemed to be ready for service?

They would need eight units in service to outright replace the eight current motors...Any more
would give SEPTA perhaps much needed redundancy...

MCG: The Comet 1 cars were a short-term stopgap measure at best - these cars dated from the
early 1970s (1972-73) and were for the most part worn out...Letting them suffer from vandalism
in storage was the stand out example of how these cars were treated in the end...

The bulk of the new ACS64 motors are slated for service along with the 55 multilevel cars to be
placed into service beginning in 2019...With ridership increasing there will likely be more trains
in service utilizing push-pull equipment...MACTRAXX
 #1480784  by Backshophoss

The Comet I's lost their trucks during the SL-V truck problem,the trucks were used as "shop trucks" on the SL-V's
 #1480809  by mcgrath618

MACTRAXX wrote:
glennk419 wrote:
liftedjeep wrote:Per a friend at the scene, five more City Sprinters were delivered to Septa by CSX this afternoon at Woodbourne.

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPi ... id=4990940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Photo by T. Darnell
Ben
WOW. I believe that Siemens is ahead of schedule on the deliveries. That is almost ( if not ) the entire initial order.
Everyone: With this delivery of five Sprinters how many does SEPTA now have on the property?
Any idea how long is the testing process period before they are deemed to be ready for service?

They would need eight units in service to outright replace the eight current motors...Any more
would give SEPTA perhaps much needed redundancy...

MCG: The Comet 1 cars were a short-term stopgap measure at best - these cars dated from the
early 1970s (1972-73) and were for the most part worn out...Letting them suffer from vandalism
in storage was the stand out example of how these cars were treated in the end...

The bulk of the new ACS64 motors are slated for service along with the 55 multilevel cars to be
placed into service beginning in 2019...With ridership increasing there will likely be more trains
in service utilizing push-pull equipment...MACTRAXX
We have 13 ACS-64s, with 8 on property ATM
 #1480830  by ekt8750

mcgrath618 wrote:
ekt8750 wrote:
Next year...
Next year the toasters will be gone.
Well I meant next year we'll have more coaches to accommodate more trains for our extra locomotives.
 #1480889  by CNJGeep

902 made a maiden voyage on the Flyer tonight.

901 ran to West Trenton on 6374, so keep your eyes peeled for it tomorrow morning.
 #1480905  by dcipjr

It wasn't on 6321, which is my normal AM train -- was it on 6325?
 #1480923  by CNJGeep

dcipjr wrote:It wasn't on 6321, which is my normal AM train -- was it on 6325?
Yes
 #1480961  by dcipjr

We've got a ACS-64 on train 6374 right now! Heading to West Trenton. Not nearly as jerky as the AEM-7d have been.
 #1481049  by zebrasepta

Can anyone confirm that 902 was put into service because a couple of the AEM-7's (2?) went out?
 #1481530  by glennk419

Thought I heard ACS horns at Roslyn around 12:30 today. Does anyone know if they were out testing on the Warminster line today?