Railroad Forums 

• Turkeys on Ramsey platform

• Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.
Discussion related to New Jersey Transit rail and light rail operations.

Moderators: lensovet, Kaback9, nick11a

#324465  by Uzi-Cat

NJT Management has now found a new way to spy on T&E crews. These turkeys are merely camouflage for Trainmasters.
While going out to my car early this morning, I was attacked by a group of disgruntled turkeys. They were offended deeply by my above comments and find no humor in being compared to NJT management. I would like to publicly apologize to any forum members of the turkey persuasion that I may have offended by my reference. I do not apologize to NJT management as now I have to find something below a turkey to refer to them as.

#324466  by sixty-six

wpdj61 wrote:
NJT Management has now found a new way to spy on T&E crews. These turkeys are merely camouflage for Trainmasters.
While going out to my car early this morning, I was attacked by a group of disgruntled turkeys. They were offended deeply by my above comments and find no humor in being compared to NJT management. I would like to publicly apologize to any forum members of the turkey persuasion that I may have offended by my reference. I do not apologize to NJT management as now I have to find something below a turkey to refer to them as.
Apology accepted.

#324467  by Uzi-Cat

I think "THE SHERIFF" would stand out!
He will need special camouflage or maybe the turkeys will. I am at a loss as there is no way to say my next sentence without being publicy stoned.
The Mumbler and I will give you a wake up call on Saturday AM.
More dove calls?

#324475  by ryanov

Did you see who posted the YouTube video? Pretty amusing. :)

#324476  by sixty-six

ryanov wrote:Did you see who posted the YouTube video? Pretty amusing. :)
Yea, I did catch that. Glad someone in management has a sense of humor.

#324519  by Uzi-Cat

I am glad to see that company oficials are posting internal video to public websites. Does he fall under the NORAC rule about divulging company business in public forums too. At least the big guys in NJT have enough free time to put things on the internet. That must mean they have finally solved all the problems that NJT has. Way to go NJT.

#324530  by sixty-six

Hmm good point. I never thought if it like that.

#325041  by Tadman

Seeing as that the Taliban is about 200 years behind the US army in technology, do you think the turkeys are the Taliban's attempt at a unmanned predator drone aircraft, and they're collecting intel for an attack on public transport? Maybe they'll send their unmanned turkeys back to crap on us?

All kidding aside (and that's all this is, for anybody that doesn't have a sense of humor) this is one of the funniest youtube train vids around.

#325182  by KFC Jones

wpdj61 wrote:
I am glad to see that company oficials are posting internal video to public websites. Does he fall under the NORAC rule about divulging company business in public forums too. At least the big guys in NJT have enough free time to put things on the internet. That must mean they have finally solved all the problems that NJT has. Way to go NJT.
Anyone can open a youtube account using whatever name they make up...

#325245  by Uzi-Cat

Anyone can open a youtube account using whatever name they make up...
But ONLY company officials have access to the platform cameras. That is what this video was from.

#325293  by Olton Hall

The video was shown on the news. Someone could have recorded it off of the TV and posted it like 80% of the stuff on Youtube.

#325296  by ajt

Guess it never occurred to anyone that there is an NJT press office, whose job it is to disseminate information and get 'good news' stories like this on the air...

#325310  by Uzi-Cat

Guess it never occurred to anyone that there is an NJT press office, whose job it is to disseminate information and get 'good news' stories like this on the air...
You are right, there is a press office in there. I have seen them give the press tons of garbage on us. T&E are their permanant scapegoat. Pardon me for being critical of anything they do.

#325317  by boxcar

Whats next, wild turkeys spotted getting into Santas sled?

Boxcar

#325336  by sixty-six

boxcar wrote:Whats next, wild turkeys spotted getting into Santas sled?

Boxcar
No boxcar. Duh. It's obviously going to be Santa and his reindeer trying to board during the rush. :-D