Railroad Forums 

• Grey Lady Tees Off

• Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.
Discussion related to DC area passenger rail services from Northern Virginia to Baltimore, MD. Includes Light Rail and Baltimore Subway.

Moderators: mtuandrew, therock, Robert Paniagua

#1408155  by Gilbert B Norman

...and she doesn't even live in The District.

But she has a well staffed Washington Bureau (likely larger than any other out of town media outlet), and those staffers certainly ride Metro:

http://nytimes.com/2016/11/08/us/washin ... metro.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fair Use:
WASHINGTON — Usually when people talk of dysfunction and gridlock in Washington, they mean the relationship between the White House and Congress.

But as a summer of closings, maintenance disruptions and chronic delays for the Metro in Washington continues into the fall, the nation’s second-busiest subway system has brought a painful new meaning to the words for a city awaiting a new president.
I defer to others to evaluate this article. To me, it has all the trappings of a human interest piece and does "not exactly" strike me as Pulitzer material.
 #1408327  by MCL1981

I wasn't aware the NYT was a newspaper anymore. I thought it was an expensive opinion blog. As such, I wouldn't put much faith in anything it says. If they're right, it's probably just a coincidence.