Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1465430  by ConstanceR46

Here's some more info, but on the car, not the load. I think, via the much-proven 80s cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE!, it's KRL 25960. If not, and ENHANCING! has failed me, it at least provides the class and a date ballpark; post-1999.
 #1465443  by Wayside

Looks like a transformer to me.
 #1465496  by nyandw

ConstanceR46 wrote:Here's some more info, but on the car, not the load. I think, via the much-proven 80s cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE!, it's KRL 25960. If not, and ENHANCING! has failed me, it at least provides the class and a date ballpark; post-1999.
Yes, sure looks like a KRL product. I emailed them, but the answer is "We don't keep these types of records." What is'cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE'? Thanks.
 #1465508  by ConstanceR46

nyandw wrote:
ConstanceR46 wrote:Here's some more info, but on the car, not the load. I think, via the much-proven 80s cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE!, it's KRL 25960. If not, and ENHANCING! has failed me, it at least provides the class and a date ballpark; post-1999.
Yes, sure looks like a KRL product. I emailed them, but the answer is "We don't keep these types of records." What is'cyberpunk tactic of ENHANCE'? Thanks.
It's a joke, back in 80s cyberpunk movies and other detective shows, i.e SVU, they'll zoom into a picture. In real life, not many photos are high-def that zooming into them will produce anything other than a blur, but i was able to make out 25690, therefore the tactic actually worked.

Sometimes i forget that this fourm is full of people who wouldn't understand most of my references.
 #1465722  by nyandw

ConstanceR46 wrote:
nyandw wrote:
It's a joke, back in 80s cyberpunk movies and other detective shows, i.e SVU, they'll zoom into a picture. In real life, not many photos are high-def that zooming into them will produce anything other than a blur, but i was able to make out 25690, therefore the tactic actually worked. Sometimes i forget that this fourm is full of people who wouldn't understand most of my references.
You did good! Pics of this car in action: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/rsPict ... x?id=97922
They are: Kasgro Rail Lines Depressed Deck Cars AAR: KRL series 25960-25964 Load Cap: 244,000

I've reached out to others to see what they may know. Thank you. :-)