Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1405597  by Head-end View

KT3, thanks for your earlier vote of approval! LOL You're right; there should be a "like" button on this board.
 #1405651  by vince

onorclose7 wrote:"It's amazing how impatient some people can be ...........................snip.......................".
The NTSB takes their time but issues very detailed backed-up-by-the-evidence reports. They do take the time to get it right.
regards,
vince
 #1405834  by GirlOnTheTrain

Kelly&Kelly wrote:Why wouldn't it be? Does it contain a "trigger word" that you find offensive? Lurking terrorists perhaps? Or maybe it's not politically correct? People reading these forums are interested in rail operations. The day to day management of human errors is indeed a part of any industry. It makes history and explains the unwritten responsibilities that railroaders carry every day. I hope this isn't too stressful. Yes, Virginia, people do make mistakes.
PSA: Some things you keep to yourself if you value your job...it's not like LIRR is unaware that this board exists. Mind your P's & Q's lest you find yourself in trouble for disclosing company business to the public.
 #1406651  by dunee88

The past comments even being acknowledged by officials will bring more attention to previous comments than just ignoring it. This will only be seen by the handfew of us who care about the findings. As much as New Yorkers complain, no one is going to search this forum up.

It's all hearsay and nothing official. No one is gonna loose their job.
 #1406652  by Amtrak7

Comments by Nowakowski from the meeting:

-Track car was on the ground and fouling before the train reached the point. Switch and frog were out of correspondence causing a diverging move.
-Train was moving at 43mph.
-Head M7 collided with the front of the track car, forcing it out of the way. Head M7 did not derail.
-In doing so, the rear of the track car was shoved into the path of the 2nd and 3rd M7's.
 #1408577  by Jeff Smith

I've unlocked; I know what caused it although it wasn't my action. For the most part, this topic has been fine. We don't mean to discourage railroad talk; apparently what was posted by a certain member was political and unrelated. I just didn't get to it this week; I was on the road a lot. Sorry about that.
 #1439829  by Martin Baumann

SwingMan wrote:There are three right now:

7053-7088
7087-7280
7493-7376
Are these mixed pairs still operating? Also are 7033/34 and 7043/44 still out of service?
 #1440181  by NYR99

onorclose7 wrote:Those pairs are still in the boneyard in Hillside. They have been stripped off any usable parts
That's incorrect. Car 7043 (from themainline derailment) has been paired with the 7554 (second west car of the Brooklyn bumping block incident).