Railroad Forums 

Discussion of the past and present operations of the Long Island Rail Road.

Moderator: Liquidcamphor

#1354319  by MattAmity90

Here's my shirt:
 #1354466  by MattAmity90

Kelly&Kelly wrote:Matt, you're sure to drive the chicks wild!
I've already got a girl, and yes that is me, the man that is a master of the LIRR. Also you can't spell Metropolitan without Matt.

By the way that is my model train station I built behind me. I did it using the simplest materials.

Can't thank LIRR Customs enough for sending me the shirt at the opportune time as Saturday I turned 25 years old! :-D
 #1354478  by Slippy

Your girlfriend should be on heightened alert when you go to future train shows with her. Those shirts will make you a stud muffin.
 #1354741  by jt42cwr

Kelly&Kelly wrote:Are they Certified Limited Editions? Should I save them in the box?
Probably better for your street cred.
 #1354951  by Publius Plunkett

Lirrcustoms is KEWL!

Matt you truly are a MASTER! The LIRR is looking for a Rules Examiner. Have you considered the job? They won't let you wear your shirt though. You have to wear a collared shirt and slacks for that job. Maybe Lirrcustoms is designing formal wear?
 #1355017  by MattAmity90

Publius Plunkett wrote:Lirrcustoms is KEWL!

Matt you truly are a MASTER! The LIRR is looking for a Rules Examiner. Have you considered the job? They won't let you wear your shirt though. You have to wear a collared shirt and slacks for that job. Maybe Lirrcustoms is designing formal wear?
Rules Examiner? I don't have a College Education though, but explain exactly what is it they do and is this even a real job or a compliment.
 #1355132  by Publius Plunkett

Rules Examiner? I don't have a College Education though, but explain exactly what is it they do and is this even a real job or a compliment.
Matt, it's a real job AND a compliment. Rules Examiners answer questions about the RR, test employees and make some VERY COOL posters! I think you are perfect for the job. Call the Railroad and tell them you want the job as a Rules Examiner. And you don't need a college education. Men such as yourself that aspire to great things, natural born leaders, men who will propel this railroad into the 22nd Century are the FUTURE of the industry. I admire you Matt. Wear your railroad regalia with pride! And I sleep well at night knowing that men such as YOU will be leading the way.
 #1355587  by emfinite

I like the new safety green color on the site... I could imagine the yard crew in Richmond Hill all wearing that one! Good thinking with the new safety colors. I just picked up one in every color. Any more MU shirts though? It's been sold out since about 2 weeks ago.
 #1355891  by NYCrails

Publius Plunkett wrote:I noticed these shirts on their website:

http://lirr-customs.myshopify.com/colle ... fety-green

http://lirr-customs.myshopify.com/colle ... ety-orange

Nice idea for workers walking around yards and needing to be compliance with Safety Rules.
I like the orange shirts but they only go up to XL. If you know the RR, there isn't too many XL people walking around here. 2XL and above is more like it. I hope some bigger sizes come.
 #1355906  by Publius Plunkett

I like the orange shirts but they only go up to XL. If you know the RR, there isn't too many XL people walking around here. 2XL and above is more like it. I hope some bigger sizes come.
2XL and larger are only available to Engineers and Track Foremen. You would need proof of occupation in the form of RR ID, letter from supervisors on Company letterhead, etc. I think those sizes are a waxed fabric to prevent staining from the vinegar/oil on a foot long hero, as well as ketchup from a "hungryman breakfast", etc.
 #1355918  by NYCrails

Lol.... I think Armando's is giving a free sandwich if your able to recognize every stain on your shirt.