Railroad Forums 

• The EMD MRS verses EMD SD 20 Lathe an center axle

• Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.
Discussion of Electro-Motive locomotive products and technology, past and present. Official web site can be found here: http://www.emdiesels.com/.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#1322618  by Owen S. Paulsen

EMD MRS-1  1820.jpg
EMD MRS-1 1820.jpg (218.87 KiB) Viewed 5388 times
The is truck that EMD MRS-1
(526.46 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
The EMD MRS-1 has three Axle a space 6' 0" and 5' 4" space. That 6' 0" is a belive Axle Lathe can go if dimension can a Lathe?.
The <www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2vzemilwyk> Is the SD 20 had the same Axle Lathe that had a Pacific Southwest Railway Museum in Campo,CA,
EMD MRS-1 (2) 1809 and 1820 with 6' 0" between 2 Axle, I need the see youtube.com is same or better a 6' 0". The Axle Lathe is video is the same Campo,CA.
If the a we (2) Engine run again.

[email protected]
Owen Stan Paulsen
529 20th Street
San Pedro,CA 90731-5517
310-832-4662
Last edited by GOLDEN-ARM on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: locked pending english translation from OP.
 #1322624  by scottychaos

Owen,
It would appear you have attempted to translate your post into English from some other language..
You need to find a different program to use for your translation! ;)
Because this post makes no sense at all..sorry.
Do you have something else you can use for translation and try again?
Scot
 #1322645  by Owen S. Paulsen

The <www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2vzemilwyk> Is the SD 20 had the same Axle Lathe that had a Pacific Southwest Railway Museum in Campo,CA,
EMD MRS-1 (2) 1809 and 1820 with 6' 0" between 2 Axle, I need the see youtube.com is same or better a 6' 0". The Axle Lathe is video is the same Campo,CA.

The Lathe a Campo,CA the same it <www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2vzemilwyk> at I need know a 6' 0" are been between to get Lathe a space.

I at draw to the skt a EMD MRS-1.

Owen Stan Paulsen
 #1322763  by Allen Hazen

(Owen S. Paulsen-- I'm sorry. I cannot understand your post. Can you get an English speaking friend to help you rewrite it?)

The truck (bogie) on the EMD MRS-1 locomotive is very different from that used on EMD's SD-7 (etc) locomotives: it looks much more like the truck used by Alco on its 6-axle, Co-Co, locomotives.

QUESTION: Is the truck on the EMD MRS-1 the same design as that on Alco's MRS-1 ???

The spacing between the axles ("length" between axles: O.S.P., did you mean "length" when you wrote "lathe"?) on the MRS-1 truck is uneven. The spacing on the truck used on the SD series of locomotives (up to 1972) is symmetric: distance from the front axle to the centre axle is the same as distance from the centre axle to the rear axle: 6 feet, 9.5 inches.

EMD developed the truck used on the SD series locomotives partly in response to a request from Victorian Railways (Australia): it (or a variant) was used on VR's ML-2 locomotives. The first ML-2 and first SD-7 were both built in 1952, the same year as EMD's MRS-1 locomotive. The MRS-1 was built for the United States Army: its design (including the type of truck used) may have been specified in a contract with the Army before the SD truck was available.