Railroad Forums 

• Pacific Express on the Southern Tier

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#958754  by 21stCenturyLtd

As many NYS&W (and Erie) fans know, its been far too long since passenger trains traversed the Southern Tier. In fact, it has been far too long since ANY train has been on the Tier in daylight. I was one of the lucky railfans who was able to chase Juniata Terminal Company's Pacific Express along the Southern Tier on its way to Bath, NY. Being a young railfan, this was a unique experience for me because I has never been around to see regularly scheduled trains here and seeing this train was absolutely amazing. It was a beautiful train on a beautiful line. What also made this an interesting experience was the sheer amount of people who had come to chase the train. At points, I was in a caravan of 15+ cars traveling up route 97 (sometimes following at almost dangerous speeds). Some had said that this is the largest group they had ever seen chasing a train on the Southern Tier.

I made this video so that I could share this fantastic experience with everyone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agV1LfcBLzQ I am particular proud of this video and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
 #958780  by waldwickrailfan

21stCenturyLtd wrote:As many NYS&W (and Erie) fans know, its been far too long since passenger trains traversed the Southern Tier. In fact, it has been far too long since ANY train has been on the Tier in daylight. I was one of the lucky railfans who was able to chase Juniata Terminal Company's Pacific Express along the Southern Tier on its way to Bath, NY. Being a young railfan, this was a unique experience for me because I has never been around to see regularly scheduled trains here and seeing this train was absolutely amazing. It was a beautiful train on a beautiful line. What also made this an interesting experience was the sheer amount of people who had come to chase the train. At points, I was in a caravan of 15+ cars traveling up route 97 (sometimes following at almost dangerous speeds). Some had said that this is the largest group they had ever seen chasing a train on the Southern Tier.

I made this video so that I could share this fantastic experience with everyone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agV1LfcBLzQ I am particular proud of this video and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
great video. too bad i had to leave for a weekend vacation down the shore very early afternoon. i had a friend chase it to Waverly(a little past Binghamton) he had a great time. i did see it in Waldwick(along with 20+ railfans) but had to sleep and leave.

i should see it next time.(if there is ever one)

post 400