Railroad Forums 

• office car 599

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#518149  by crij

Does anyone have the history of the Office Car #599?

Where is she located now, I have been told 2 locations (Syracuse NY and Little Ferry NJ)

Thanks,

Rich C

#518492  by Steve F45

i believe 599 is the southern division offices in rochelle park,nj. used to be used for the pd too i think.

#520713  by Al Holleuffer

If I remember correctly, the 599 is a former Grand Trunk Westerm heayweight coach.

#521310  by crij

Can anyone confirm the history, I have another report that she was from another CN company.

Thanks

#521350  by mackdave

I can remember walking around the old Little Ferry facility in the 70's and seeing this car "attached" on one end to one of the shop buildings. It was either Grand Trunk, or Grand Trunk Western, it still had the slanted red and yellow square herald on the sides next to the vestibules. I might have a photo somewhere.

#521366  by Steamtown Observer

It was either Grand Trunk, or Grand Trunk Western, it still had the slanted red and yellow square herald on the sides next to the vestibules.
I'm pretty sure it was a Central Vermont car.

#521427  by mackdave

Well, 27years can getcha in the memory dept. After receiving a message requesting I find my photo, I went looking (Someday I'll get those pictures organized!!). Lo and behold, I have a 1981 photo of the coach. It is indeed Central Vermont. Sorry for any confusion I may have created.