Railroad Forums 

• NYS&W Equipment Sale

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#752429  by neroden

An amazing number of these appear to *still* be for sale after over a year.

...either that, or D.F.Barnhardt hasn't updated their website properly, which is also possible....
 #752561  by lvrr325

Economy isn't exactly booming to create a demand for the stuff; the four bi-level cars along with three single level cars have been parked at Carousel Mall on the end of track for a couple of months now, the NYS&W definately still owns them.
 #752566  by amoreho1

the NYS&W doesn't own the three single level cars
Last edited by amoreho1 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #752736  by cjvrr

Steamer in Cooperstown was also sold and removed from the property earlier this year (2009)
 #753019  by lvrr325

amoreho1 wrote:the NYS&W doesn't own the three single level cars
Thanks for all the details on that one. I know there's a convoluted story regarding the car in Adirondack Scenic paint, but I don't recall the details, or if the story's even supposed to be repeated.
 #758743  by gawlikfj

What is the status of the NYSW ? I know they did sell quite a few engines to the P & W.
I know Walter Rich died but, haven't heard much on the NYSW since his death .
 #758783  by scottychaos

gawlikfj wrote:What is the status of the NYSW ?
business as usual..
I know they did sell quite a few engines to the P & W.
Only 4..I wouldnt consider that "quite a few"..
I know Walter Rich died but, haven't heard much on the NYSW since his death
there has been a normal amount of stuff to hear..
not sure why you havent heard it! ;)

Scot