Railroad Forums 

• Name Locomotives

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#446662  by Tadman

Does NYSW name locomotives? I think it might be a fitting tribute to a recently deceased gentleman that really loved the place (WR). Although I'm in no place to implement that program, it just struck me as a neat idea. Maybe on one of his favorite locomotives, like the F45 if it's still active.

#446667  by Otto Vondrak

One of the C-430's was named the John L. Treen... that loco is now proudly serving the LAL system, but without its name.

-otto-

#446682  by scottychaos

Otto Vondrak wrote:One of the C-430's was named the John L. Treen... that loco is now proudly serving the LAL system, but without its name.

-otto-
Before receiving its current LAL paintscheme:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.p ... 608&nseq=6

Is now WNYP 430:
http://lalrailfan.nfshost.com/gallery/d ... =11&pos=17

Scot

#446913  by cjvrr

The 142 Steam Locomotive owned by the NYS&W T&HS has Walter Rich's names stenciled on the cab.

I know of no current NYS&W units that are named although the Alco's wore some names written in the dirt they wore :wink: One was named, "blinky".

#460600  by SGLX1202

lol....3668....had only one ditch light working for a few trips...i think i came up with that.
 #478028  by Bruce John Van Zile Sr.

My dad Howard (Bud) Van Zile worked with J.L.T. on the NYS&W out of Little Ferry NJ when John lived at 310-72nd Street, North Bergen New Jersey. Our family had and still has some of his photos. I beleive his sister had the majority of them. Any one know where they may have gone to ?? Dad took quite a few pictures of the trains and the crews also.
Any body know S. Sigafuss? Sparta Junction 1951. I have pictures of Engine 234 with Bud and John on the walk way with 4 other men. Some Erie RR I beleive during the war. Cranes (03128 & 03140) and bridge building (Tioga Division). Any body remember Walter (Uncle Remus) from NYC? Dad said he sure had some tales to tell. Wanna trade some copys of photos??
 #478096  by Steve F45

Bruce John Van Zile Sr. wrote:My dad Howard (Bud) Van Zile worked with J.L.T. on the NYS&W out of Little Ferry NJ when John lived at 310-72nd Street, North Bergen New Jersey. Our family had and still has some of his photos. I beleive his sister had the majority of them. Any one know where they may have gone to ?? Dad took quite a few pictures of the trains and the crews also.
Any body know S. Sigafuss? Sparta Junction 1951. I have pictures of Engine 234 with Bud and John on the walk way with 4 other men. Some Erie RR I beleive during the war. Cranes (03128 & 03140) and bridge building (Tioga Division). Any body remember Walter (Uncle Remus) from NYC? Dad said he sure had some tales to tell. Wanna trade some copys of photos??
you should get those pics up. i know there are alot of people who remember john treen on the yahoo groups who have wondered to all this great pics.