Railroad Forums 

• Where's it now???

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#435682  by Sid Farkus

Any one know where are the:
M1
M2 and M4
M5, M7, and M8
The two ex NS Passenger Cars
NYSW Cab Car
Observation Dome (Who owns it now)
NYSW/NYOW 116

*And a bonus question* Did 120 have ditchlights in its final years with NYSW

#435688  by amoreho1

the dome car was in syracuse as of last weekend
I dont know who owns it
Last edited by amoreho1 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

#435695  by Steve F45

i believe the M-1 was down in rochelle park and got vandalized and was then moved to saddle brook in PC yard. There were other cars with it that also got tagged and pretty much beat up. One was those ex metra double deckers.

#435840  by Sid Farkus

You are probably thinking about the popemobile. Thats owned by NYSW, but the dome observation one was sold by the NYSW. I think its now in CBQ Zephyr livery. I was always wondering if anything bad happened to the cars in Rochelle Park. I remember they would leave the doors open on the M-1.

#436288  by lvrr325

I was told that was Walter's personal car. Maybe it's the other obs, the heavyweight, he meant.

#436305  by Steve F45

the otto kumher #510 is in ridgefield park. Its the car that has the open end platform on the one end of it.

#436556  by ricebrianrice

Last I heard #116 was in Syracuse.
Last edited by ricebrianrice on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#436579  by lvrr325

The last time I was downtown one of the Ontrack Budds was parked on the stub track there, too, even though at the time the shuttle wasn't running. I wouldn't be surprised if the three operable cars are there. Did they cut up the parts Budd that sat in Utica?
 #436653  by n01jd1

Susquehaniewikiwokiwani wrote:Any one know where are the:
M1
M2 and M4
M5, M7, and M8
The two ex NS Passenger Cars
NYSW Cab Car
Observation Dome (Who owns it now)
NYSW/NYOW 116

*And a bonus question* Did 120 have ditchlights in its final years with NYSW
The M-1, two other RDC's (M-2 and M-4?), several ex LIRR coaches and a former Chicago double decker commuter coach are all sitting up in Butler in various states of disrepair. The THS had better do something about them soon as I would think the NYSW would like their Butler runaround track back.

#436709  by Sid Farkus

Heres the M-2 and M-4 Image

What's sits at Butler and in their new enginehouse? Is 18 up there?

#437921  by NYSW3614

Car 505, the round end dome, was sold about five years ago, and has been repainted and restored to Burlington livery.

Joshua

#438135  by Sid Farkus

Yeah I knew that it was sold and repainted, but do you know where it is stored or who the owner is?