Railroad Forums 

• C&D Cars on the Newfoundland siding

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#398128  by washingtonsecondary

For the last few weeks I've noticed atleast 1 C&D car on the Newfoundland siding from the crossing. I go over the crossing at Newfoundland ever time I go to my parents, and have noticed them atleast 4 times. Did a SU99 have cars with bad bearings in the last few weeks? Or is this a case of shortline storage, store it where you got it?

#398436  by RichM

I don't have an answer for Newfoundland, but your post does raise another question... is the rebuilt siding in Lodi being used for car repairs, as we all discussed last year?

#398492  by Steve F45

yes it is. There are plenty of cars down there getting repaired. Probably get moved around overnight.

#398543  by RichM

Thanks... I think that's the answer, the car in Newfoundland must get returned back to Lodi at some point, is it empty or full?

#398630  by washingtonsecondary

Appears to be full.

#401765  by rcbsd45

The car was reported with a possible shifted load. The car was set out upon examination, and eventually will have to get its way back tot he consignee to be reloaded, or have a portion of the load removed and placed in other cars. "when they get to it, they'll get to it"........

#401779  by washingtonsecondary

It's just garbage, I can't imagine it being a high priority item at the moment.

#404237  by Angus202

Can someone tell me where this siding is located? I know there's a switch east of the greenpond road crossing, other than that, I'm not familiar with anything than straight rail between sparta and butler.
-Ryan

#404250  by cjvrr

Angus,

Its east of the Green Pond Road crossing. It is actually where the Morris County Central yard and enginehouse was located.

Not sure how long the stub end siding is, but typically used for BO setouts, not for passing.

Chris

#405731  by NS1

The offending car was moved from Newfoundland to Sparta last week, in order to return east to be unloaded. The car was set out due to being horribly overloaded. The crew decided it was unsafe to move the car east, and so it will be moved to the Mohawk Lumber siding, near Route 15, to be unloaded.

#405815  by GOLDEN-ARM

There is no job so important, no service so urgent that we can not take the time to do our job safely.
I believe the REAL way to say this, is "My job is so important, Our service is so urgent, that we can't take the time to do our job safely"..............

At least that's what those decals say, when I get off the engine! :-D