Railroad Forums 

• NYSW ex-Cartier Alco and Other Spotted in Utica

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#372099  by Luther Brefo

Yesterday as I met a friend on Amtrak 283 for a trip into Rochester, I was busy railfanning the MHWA from the north/east side of the train and while I got some decent shots of 2456, my friend says he saw one of the Cartier Alcos and some other NYSW engine. The only problem is he did not get the number of the Cartier engine and says that the other engine looked as if it were in a world of hurt. He recalls that he remembers there was a locomotive cab, and then a diesel engine. Various parts were missing but most of the diesel engine was there. What engines could these two have been?

#372179  by ricebrianrice

3670 & 3672 are in Binghamton, so it was not them.

#372413  by Steve F45

on the nysw yahoo group is was said that 3634 was heading back to dansville and 3664 was with it, but not sure if its going to dansville or not.

#372464  by deezlfan

He is talking about the Utica dead line. The Cartier unit is probably 77. The stripped unit could have been a GE thats been there several years.

#372936  by MP366

As of this typing....3664 and 3634 are both in Cleveland, having been both picked up on a Q633 and taken to Beefalo, where they were forwarded on by Q232......

#372949  by MP366

update.....

3664 and maybe 3634, are currently headed back east on Q254 headed toward Buffalo

#373470  by rcbsd45

Train 254 has arrived at its destination around 2100 at CP-5 to deliver the train to the Ridgefield Heights auto facility, across from the Little Ferry CSX/NYSW intermodal yard. power normally turns on Q273. Stay tuned.....