Railroad Forums 

• Track MOW at Sparta?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#360665  by geoffand

I passed over the new bridge on Rt. 15 in Sparta, NJ a few weeks ago and noticed a track MOW vehicle on a siding right next to the bridge. I passed over the same bridge today and the vehicle was still in the same location.

Is there some major track project going on nearby or is this just a resting place for awile? The vehicle looks very shiny and new (yellow--of course).

#360720  by washingtonsecondary

I don't think its anything major, that siding is a usual parking spot for pieces of MOW equipment.

#361083  by geoffand

Thanks.

How often does a train go by there? Only once did I get caught up at the crossing further up on 15 waiting for a train to pass. I'm surprised they didn't make a bridge over that crossing yet.

#361193  by trainfreak

Depending on the day you can see one road train each way normally early in the morning (east) and late at night (west)...dont really know the schedule as well since im out at school. But some weeks it can be three days a week up to five days a week And i dont know if a bridge over the tracks by the Bagel Station would be feasible.
 #364580  by mikedc3

geoffand wrote:I passed over the new bridge on Rt. 15 in Sparta, NJ a few weeks ago and noticed a track MOW vehicle on a siding right next to the bridge. I passed over the same bridge today and the vehicle was still in the same location.

Is there some major track project going on nearby or is this just a resting place for awile? The vehicle looks very shiny and new (yellow--of course).
They just got done putting a new defect detector right there. This might have something to do with that.