Railroad Forums 

• Lease or purchase?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#277077  by amoreho1

did nysw buy all the lease locomotive they had?
or just bdlx 1355(3042) and rmdi 2214(2300)!

#277123  by Steve F45

i think that was it. I just saw 2300 today down in RP for the first time. Looks cool with the new numbes. To bad they didn't put the "S" on the nose and rear.

#277157  by sallenparks

It's belived that U23B's 2208 and 2209 were bought as well 2208 parts 2209 now 2302.

#306928  by trainfreak

I dont know if anyone figured that out yet...its been used up on the ND a little on locals.

#307067  by Steve F45

someone on the yahoo groups said nysw was leasing it to try and gain some interest in ordering some. To me they dont need local power, they need road power.

#307095  by washingtonsecondary

Well if you string enough of them togther, there is your road power! Nothing would suprise me at this point.

#310356  by mattgarciachi

i work for nysw as a mechanic in the binghamton yard and the union pacific unit the 2602 is not leased or purchased it is being tested the UP out of texas purchesed 30 or more of these locomotives and nysw is using the power while mechanics from canada keep messing with it its a new type of low emission technology im not 100% positive how they work i did go on it and it is or was brand new helped the canadian mechanics on it (assisted)..

#311420  by Steve F45

hey matt, do you know what happened with the ocs special?

#364951  by amoreho1

amoreho1 wrote:is this unit leased to nysw?

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=161921
upon a little bit of research i found out the green goat model in this picture it is actually a road switcher not a yard switcher