Railroad Forums 

• Work on the Lodi branch?

• Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.
Discussion related to New York, Susquehanna & Western operations past and present. Also includes some discussion related to Deleware Otsego owned and operated shortlines. Official web site can be found here: NYSW.COM.

Moderators: GOLDEN-ARM, NJ Vike

#280179  by Steve F45

So this is the new "repair" facility for the debris cars? I just wish i knew this ahead of time to try and get some action going across 17. I wonder if they will be building somekind of shed to protect from the elements. RT.80 was perfect. I wonder why they are moving?

#280558  by Steve F45

2 cars were down there tonight full of debris.

#280911  by Sirsonic

MIR Logistics (I'm not sure if that's the exact name, but it should be close), the company that gets all those hoppers at Passaic Jct, purchased Bulk (I don't know the exact name of the company), the company that gets all those hoppers down in North Bergen. Due to increasing demand for track space down in the swamp, and a couple new customers coming on line, MIR is looking to shift some of the traffic from North Bergen to Elmwood Park. As a result, they want to use the track space currently occupied by the shopped cars.

#280917  by Steve F45

good to know that traffic is up. should make for some good shots of nysw crossing 17. i was fortunate enough to catch them during the morning rush a few months ago.

#281400  by Sir Ray

Sirsonic wrote:Due to increasing demand for track space down in the swamp, and a couple new customers coming on line, MIR is looking to shift some of the traffic from North Bergen to Elmwood Park.
New Customers for MIR (I presume), or new customers for NYSW?