Railroad Forums 

• Driftwood, PA

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #982979  by GP-30Kid

When i was last in Driftwood, PA, I noticed a lot of older milepost signs and position signal (PCL's) targets sitting back in the weeds with other various pieces of older equipment right near the MoW sheds and buildings next to the track.s I was wondering if they were planning on discarding those things or if they were just taken down because their getting rid of them soon. If that's the case, i would love to get ahold of someone to see if there was no longer use for them and from there if i could obtain or pick up those things as Ive been trying to find milepost signs and older signals now for while buts its becoming increasingly harder with security and such. I would never steal or even thing about taking without permission. so if you anyone knows any information about who i can contact or even where and when the railroads are discarding equipment or even the scrap dealers they are dealing with where they send all of their scrap, it would be amazingly appreciated and helpful. Since i was told they are planning on taking down the pcl's soon from driftwood to machias, I'm curious if they have already started and if so where are they sending them to be discarded. Hope to talk with somebody soon.