Railroad Forums 

• NS Delaware operations on the NEC

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #867872  by bluedash2

Hi, I'm Dave and new to the forum. Since I started to work (not railroad related) out of Edgemoor last week, I saw a slug unit mated to an ex-CR GP40-2. The slug is 912 and looks like a ex-Con itself but I'm not sure. 3004 in horsehead is the GP40. Is this a first for using slugs in DE? Surprised to see one down there.They have been working along the NEC during the later morning hours. There also is a park next to the tracks along the river which would make for getting a good photo in the morning. I'm talking in the area of the Edgemoor Rd exit off of Rt495. I see these two working near the exit around 5pm every day when I'm heading home for the day. Also saw 5308 and 5603 working by there last Saturday around 515pm. They had some tank cars and covered hoppers IIRC.
 #871540  by Big Bri

Good question! My username and password are the same there as it is here.........
You may want to seek out the administrator and inquire?

When you do finally get on the Wilmington site Mike Murray will be more than happy to answer any questions. He's a good dude.

Let me know how ya make out.

Bri
 #872554  by bluedash2

Thanks Bri, will do. I take it if we're members on here it applies to that site as well. Just curious-is he the same guy that has pictures in railpace with the O.S.F.S. after his name? Always wondered what that stands for.