Railroad Forums 

• NS engines on CSX line

• Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
Discussion relating to the NS operations. Official web site can be found here: NSCORP.COM.
 #1236875  by Bobby S

Saw a pair of NS engines leading a freight SB just prior to crossing the Susquehanna river in Perryville MD. How often does this happen? Thought these were rival RR's?
 #1263882  by mmi16

With all the bulk run-through trains the carriers are handling - oil, grain, ore, coal, ethanol that run interline routes you are likely to see any carriers power on any other carriers lines at any time.

With the crush of business that all carriers are facing - any engine will do when it comes time to run a train - your power, foreign power - any power.
 #1265468  by bluedash2

Plus HP hours owed to other railroads. Part of the reason NS has a lot of foreign power lately is because they're owed a lot of HP hours by the other railroads.
 #1266339  by MattW

I saw a single NS leader on CSX's Q197 a few months ago. I think the train runs from Nashville to Savannah via the CSX Georgia Subdivision with a stop at Hulsey yard. I think it's the first time Ive seen NS power on the CSX Georgia Sub.