Interesting Photograph Site

Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

GOLDEN-ARM
Location: " SunRail CFRC 100, North at Church Street Station"

Interesting Photograph Site

Post by GOLDEN-ARM » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:01 pm

came across this, while surfing. many FEC pics scattered throughout, including the building of the Overseas Railway. UNIDENTIFIED PICS i'm sure Noel will enjoy them..... :wink:

the site has posted pics, it needs further help in identifying. i'm sure i saw Noel in the cab, of a few of those steam locos. :P

electricron

Re: Interesting Photograph Site

Post by electricron » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:59 pm

GOLDEN-ARM wrote:came across this, while surfing. many FEC pics scattered throughout, including the building of the Overseas Railway. UNIDENTIFIED PICS i'm sure Noel will enjoy them..... :wink:

the site has posted pics, it needs further help in identifying. i'm sure i saw Noel in the cab, of a few of those steam locos. :P
Thanks for posting the link. :)
Maybe Noel will pursue scanning through all 4349 photos, but I certainly will not.;)

Noel Weaver

Re: Interesting Photograph Site

Post by Noel Weaver » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:07 am

If I try to do all of them at once I am sure to get calluses on my rear end so I will defer for now. I have looked at the first few pages and indeed they hold my interest. I will try to do more, a few a day or so. I noticed one photo of a Seaboard Shop labeled as Hialeah which I think is Jacksonville, I don't think Seaboard ever had that big of a facility at Hialeah although there is a shop there for Tri-Rail which was at one time a Seaboard facility. The Seaboard had their main diesel shop at Jacksonville at one time although it is gone today. Thank you for posting these.
Noel Weaver

Return to “Florida East Coast Railway”