Railroad Forums 

• Question re: the FEC

• Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.
Discussion relating to the FEC operations, past and present. Includes Brightline. Official web site can be found here: FECRWY.COM.

Moderator: GOLDEN-ARM

#92949  by jg greenwood

I've never been successful in my attempts to locate an employment link on the FEC web site. Surely they have occasion to hire; do they go through the state unemployment office? Thanks for any information.

#92959  by AmtrakFan

What is FEC Website? I'll look for you.

John

FEC

#93047  by Noel Weaver

I am not sure that this will be any help to you but it was the best that I
coulc do.
Go to the Florida East Coast website, transportation, contact us then
officers. When you pull the officers, suggest maybe human resources or
something related.
I thought it was funny that I could not pull any jobs open or any such
thing up. They may outsource some of their work but certainally not all
of it.
This is an interesting question, I will be interestered in hearing how you
make out with it.
Noel Weaver
 #93080  by jg greenwood

Noel Weaver wrote:I am not sure that this will be any help to you but it was the best that I
coulc do.
Go to the Florida East Coast website, transportation, contact us then
officers. When you pull the officers, suggest maybe human resources or
something related.
I thought it was funny that I could not pull any jobs open or any such
thing up. They may outsource some of their work but certainally not all
of it.
This is an interesting question, I will be interestered in hearing how you
make out with it.
Noel Weaver
Several months ago I tried the method you suggested with negative results. The email to the officer in charge of Human Resources bounced back. Several years past there was a job-line #; I can't recall the # or how I obtained it. Thanks for your help.
 #93130  by denis

Mr Greenwood,
This is certainly round-about, but try contacting the FEC Historical Society, there are members that are "on site" and may be able to help you. You can find their their web page on the internet.:-)
 #93131  by jg greenwood

denis wrote:Mr Greenwood,
This is certainly round-about, but try contacting the FEC Historical Society, there are members that are "on site" and may be able to help you. You can find their their web page on the internet.:-)
Thanks! I'll do that.

#99489  by roadster

Where are FEC's headquaters? I'm going to be in Miami for 6-7 months on a temp transfer for CSX. I try to knock on their door and see what they say.

FEC

#99500  by Noel Weaver

roadster wrote:Where are FEC's headquaters? I'm going to be in Miami for 6-7 months on a temp transfer for CSX. I try to knock on their door and see what they say.
Headquarters for the Florida East Coast are in St. Augustine, Florida.
They are operating between eight and twelve trains in each direction
depending on traffic and the day of the week.

If you want any more information about this area, send me a private
message and I will try to help you.
Noel Weaver

#119284  by roadster

I spoke with an FEC Conductor last week and he stated they just started a new class at Hialeah. He recommendewd calling the Human Resources numbers.