Railroad Forums 

• freight through Mansfield Ma?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1048094  by NRGeep

Planning to make audio recordings of toasters and Acelas flying past Mansfield station. Is there a good time to catch any freights going through there?
 #1048341  by Tracer

I think around 4pm b733 serves that industrial park behind the chocolate factory, monday thru friday i believe. I think csx makes a light engine run between mansfield and readville around 730pm ish.
I think I think I think= 3 I thinks
 #1055839  by CSX Conductor

svobronco wrote:'Round about 4AM daily. 4 units 100ish cars. Headed to Middleboro I believe.
That's B725 (aka FR35). They drop cars in Mansfield yard for B733's customers (in The Chocolate and Zayre's), about 100/130am and head west to Attleboro to interchange with B726 (aka MI-1). FR35 returns east from Boro to Mansfield and heads north on the Framingham Secondary to Framingham between 330/400am.
 #1057007  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

B733 begins their adventure to Mansfield following 171 from Readville, they usually arrive there around 9 to start their day, after that, it's a hit or miss depending how much work they have. I have seen them depart for West Mansfield round noon and sometimes not till 2pm. I don't know what time they return, depends on if they go to Attleboro
 #1115127  by Teamdriver

Driver injured when car slams into freight train in Mansfield

A distracted driver suffered minor injuries after slamming his car into a CSX freight train in Mansfield this afternoon, the Mansfield Fire Department said.

“Considering the possibilities, I think that this gentleman got out of his car with very minor injuries,” said Mansfield Fire Chief Neal A. Boldrighini. “His car was a relatively new car, and it had airbags all over the place, so he was really well protected.”

The man drove into the train, which was crossing Forbes Boulevard at low speed, around noon; emergency crews arrived shortly after, Boldrighini said. The street is part of an industrial area, and trains passing through are required to cross the road slowly; a flagman is also on site, he said.
http://c.o0bc.com/rf/image_609w/Boston/ ... k_0423.jpg

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2012/12 ... story.html
 #1115175  by CSX Conductor

That particular crossing has a decent curve in the road adjacent to the crossing, so it can, and does, catch motorists off guard, especially if they are speeding. Judging by the photo posted by Channel 7 today, the driver was obviously going pretty quickly. The train had stopped and the conductor flagged the crossing and the train had occupied the entire crossing before the impact. Fortunately the conductor was not injured, just a little shooken up by the incident.