Railroad Forums 

• Need Help Locating a Missing Railcar - CEFX 33502

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1026502  by mjbooch

Folks:

I would like to request the help of the members in a search for a missing railcar, CEFX 33502, which was last reported Arrrived in Transit on 5/10/2011 at 5:57 PM at Syracuse, NY on the NYSW. The car was supposed to have been switched by CSXT, coming from Watertown, NY and Massena, NY, to the NYSW with a final destination of Maywood, NJ. I have checked with both CSXT and NYSW and they both said they have searched for CEFX 33502 and it is not located on their lines.

I work for CIT Rail, the car owner, and I am reaching out for help from the members on behalf of my customer. Many of you know the various yards and sidings that CEFX 33502 may have been inadvertantly sent to and could be sitting and waiting for futther movement instructions. If in your travels you spot this car, I would appreciate it if you could report back with the current location of CEFX 33502. A picture of the car would be terrific and would be an immense help in our search to locate this car. As information the car is a 52 ft. mill gondola with 5 ft. 6 in. high sides. Thanks very much for your help.

Mike Calabucci