Railroad Forums 

• CSX Bringing Covered Hoppers to Chelsea?

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#856988  by GP40MC1118

I am not sure if these cars they just dragged out of Beacon Park transload with them or going to scrap.
The previous week I saw three in their consist headed to Everett.

Interestingly, Pan Am attempted to bring five Plate F boxcars - FGLK reporting marks to Everett for scrap.
That was until MBCR questioned the clearences on them. They were being held in Yard 8 until things were
rechecked.

D
 #856991  by GP40MC1118

Did some checking on two of the car numbers I got from the September 26th sightings on B721:
PLCX 43513, 43258....did not get the third car, which was a PLCX car.

They originated out of Kendaia, New York, which is across from the Seneca Army Depot on the FGLK.
Departed 9/14 and placed in Everett 9/26. No further movement. Suspect they are going to scrap.

And an update on clearences, Plate F boxcars are restricted on the mainline between FX and Everett Jct
on No.2 Track only. FYI - Plate F's can go no further than Chelsea (Broadway St overhead bridge).

D
 #857428  by 130MM

GP40MC1118 wrote:It's true....the scrap yard is involved in cutting up cars in Everett. Coming in via both PAR & CSX. LA-2 brought 8 in today.

D
Heard that upwards of 150 are to meet their doom at the scrapyard.

DAW
 #998469  by MBTA1016

When someone says chelsea are they talking about new England produce.
 #999308  by GP40MC1118

New England Produce is in Chelsea and maybe partially in Everett.

CSX is bringing in inbound loads in covered hoppers to the cement facility. Its just before the scrap yard.

B721 had 25 loads tonight to Everett, though I don't know what the breakdown of produce/scrap/cement
product was.

D
 #999517  by MBTA1016

Ok I found out that NEP is a huge distribution facility when I saw it on goggle maps. I always wondered where was in relation to rails. There is another thing I noticed on one side of NEP tracks continue to maybe an oil facility?