CSX Activity in New England

Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

pvincent342
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

CSX Activity in New England

Post by pvincent342 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:11 pm

CSX B732 now serves West Mansfield taking the place of CSX B733

CSX B710 now serves Chocolate taking the place of CSX B735

does anyone else know of any changes around the new england area?

User avatar
Rockingham Racer
Posts: 3653
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:25 pm

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by Rockingham Racer » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Where is Chocolate? I've never heard of it.

QB 52.32
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:05 am

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by QB 52.32 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:55 pm

Rockingham Racer wrote:Where is Chocolate? I've never heard of it.
Mansfield MA industrial park east of the station (as opposed to West Mansfield industrial park) with the lead into the park and along the NE corridor located alongside a chocolate factory.

CSX Conductor
Posts: 5458
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:04 am
Location: Boston, Mass

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by CSX Conductor » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:16 pm

B735 still services the Chocolate, perhaps you saw or heard B710 down there one day because B735's crew had to re-crew the overnight B725 and take their train north to Attleboro. the new trainmaster is a knuckle-head and is trying to change the jobs around and eventually abolish another local or two. They already did away with B736, the night walpole job because no work out in Milford. :(

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:24 am

I caught B735-20 in Mansfield, short train, 6210 and only 7 cars I believe....and then I caught B710-20 in Stoughton, MA, they had 6224 and 2 loaded center beam cars and a box car, they headed down the branch after MBTA 912 headed East

GP40MC1118
Posts: 3675
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:06 pm

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by GP40MC1118 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:16 pm

There was a B729 with the 6214 working this afternoon in Randolph/Holbrook area. Used the siding
to runaround their train. Heard the OC TD give them a Rule 241.

D

pvincent342
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by pvincent342 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:22 pm

hmmm so i guess B735 still exists , thats good to hear , i saw 6210 with B735-20 at west mansfield too and yesterday i saw an outlawed CSX with 6236 , 6217 , 62xx

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:37 pm

pvincent342 wrote: yesterday i saw an outlawed CSX with 6236 , 6217 , 62xx
that set is still sitting in the West Mansfield Industrial park, 3/22 as of 3:00pm

pvincent342
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: CSX Schedule changes in New England

Post by pvincent342 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:04 pm

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:
pvincent342 wrote: yesterday i saw an outlawed CSX with 6236 , 6217 , 62xx
that set is still sitting in the West Mansfield Industrial park, 3/22 as of 3:00pm
wow really?!? thats crazy

pvincent342
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: CSX Activity in New England

Post by pvincent342 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:22 pm

CSX B732 is switching in Mansfield Yard as i post this with CSX 6224 (listening to my scanner) , 19 loads and 1 empty

CSX Conductor
Posts: 5458
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:04 am
Location: Boston, Mass

Re: CSX Activity in New England

Post by CSX Conductor » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Apparently B732 now does there normal run Readville to Walpole via the Franklin Branch to walpole, drops down the Framingham Secondary to service Foxboro terminals and then continues south on the Framingham Secondary to Mansfield to service West Mansfield. I was told that B732 out-lawed Friday night due to loco issues (problems with ACSES) and they probably were taxied home to Readville. Most likely B733 would have to go to West Mansfield to get the power since they are the first job to work after weekend on Sunday night reporting @ 600pm in Readville.

pvincent342
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: CSX Activity in New England

Post by pvincent342 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:05 pm

CSX Conductor wrote:Apparently B732 now does there normal run Readville to Walpole via the Franklin Branch to walpole, drops down the Framingham Secondary to service Foxboro terminals and then continues south on the Framingham Secondary to Mansfield to service West Mansfield. I was told that B732 out-lawed Friday night due to loco issues (problems with ACSES) and they probably were taxied home to Readville. Most likely B733 would have to go to West Mansfield to get the power since they are the first job to work after weekend on Sunday night reporting @ 600pm in Readville.
yep i saw that set in west mansfield on saturday afternoon with 6236 , 6217 and 62xx

pvincent342
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Re: CSX Activity in New England

Post by pvincent342 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:54 pm

heard B732 on the scanner last night confirming the west mansfield switch lined and locked normal , the dispatcher spoke to the crew like they were little kids tho , as in how to confirm the line and locked position

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050
Posts: 3517
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:57 pm

Re: CSX Activity in New England

Post by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:16 pm

I caught B735 heading East in Mansfield, MA @ 1:47 with the 6238-6234-6215-6216-6223 and 87 cars and they headed down the Framingham Secondary to Framingham...either B725 or B726 outlawed last night, 3-25

QB 52.32
Posts: 763
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:05 am

Re: CSX Activity in New England

Post by QB 52.32 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:54 am

MBTA F40PH-2C 1050 wrote:I caught B735 heading East in Mansfield, MA @ 1:47 with the 6238-6234-6215-6216-6223 and 87 cars and they headed down the Framingham Secondary to Framingham...either B725 or B726 outlawed last night, 3-25
Becoming a common occurrance. Happened last week, too.

Return to “CSX Transportation”