Railroad Forums 

• CSX Boston and Albany Line

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1192564  by Ironman

Yes, Beacon Park engine house is still open. Sites for a new engine house are being scouted in Worcester, including up on the P&W at the old B&M yard at Garden St. That's next to I-290, I'm told there was a small B&M yard there back in the day. Also around MP 47 on the B&A, near that pond.

Nothing has been announced, the brass is just looking.
 #1192668  by F-line to Dudley via Park

Next question:

Is there a timetable for when they start pulling up rail and ties in the main yard and start knocking down/hauling away site structures? Main yard demo is their responsibility in the agreement with the state, while state is tagged with eventually doing the engine yard.
 #1192678  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

speaking on the old Beacon yard, my friend works for an envirmomental company that has been working in and around Beacon Park, checking soil and such, and he heard there is an idea out there from the Commonwealth of re-aligning the Mass Turnpike thru the old yard and upgrade the tolls and interchange...but like with anything, just a rumor
 #1196201  by ted_roy

Any rumors about the baggage car still left in the yard?
 #1200684  by csxb&aconductor

heres whats new to east end of the b&a,csx is gonna be out of bp 7/31. the mbcr is taking over dispatching from Worcester to boston on sat 8/3.the b721 is back on and csx is in negotiations to put the new engine house on their land by cp 48/jamesville
 #1200725  by F-line to Dudley via Park

csxb&aconductor wrote:heres whats new to east end of the b&a,csx is gonna be out of bp 7/31. the mbcr is taking over dispatching from Worcester to boston on sat 8/3.the b721 is back on and csx is in negotiations to put the new engine house on their land by cp 48/jamesville
So...where do the engines go for fueling in between the Jul. 31 closure of Beacon Park engine house and whenever they can build the new one?
 #1200735  by Backshophoss

Trackside tank truck for fuel as needed would be the "quick fix",along with a "service truck" to handle light repairs.
Beyond that,"Dead in tow" back to Selkirk,emergency wheelset swapouts by rented crane as needed.
That may last awhile untill the facilty is approved and built
 #1201002  by Komarovsky

csxb&aconductor wrote:heres whats new to east end of the b&a,csx is gonna be out of bp 7/31. the mbcr is taking over dispatching from Worcester to boston on sat 8/3.the b721 is back on and csx is in negotiations to put the new engine house on their land by cp 48/jamesville
Do you know what land CSX owns near CP 48 in Worcester? Given what I know of the area and what I can see on Google maps, there isn't very much empty land to build on that isn't wetlands or already developed.
 #1201289  by Knucklehead

What frequency will the MBCR be using? Where will the division point be? I assume CP45?
 #1201290  by frrc

RE: Engine and Fueling Facility

Perhaps a dumb question, why not work out some arrangement with the P&W, they have both a fueling and repair facility, and it's right next to CSX. The old B&M yard near the 1-290/I-190 interchange hasn't been used in years, but there are at least 4 sidings there....

JoeF
 #1201371  by F-line to Dudley via Park

9axle wrote:Nothing going in Jamesville, now the buzz is up the branch, where the old B&M yard was along 190.
That whole area is pretty pinned in by new development as well. And good luck keeping the peace between all 3 users of that line.
 #1201415  by csxb&aconductor

9axle wrote:Nothing going in Jamesville, now the buzz is up the branch, where the old B&M yard was along 190.
that place is 3rd on the list, csx can't have ups power trapped by other rr's.jamesville is the top choice csx owns the land and its dbl track.just have to come to agreement with national grid
 #1203003  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Knucklehead wrote:
What frequency will the MBCR be using? Where will the division point be? I assume CP45?
When we had our radios converted to Narrow Band in January, they were also updated with a few new frequencies. The new frequency for the Worcester Main line shows up in my radio as: "FR/WO RD 020" From what I have heard, CP 45 will still be in control of the CSX NA dispatcher, MBCR will have control from COVE (exclusive)-CP 45 (exclusive). Hence, negotiations are in talk of how our trains will get into the P&W to access the layover tracks that are currently under construction, in the sense that our trains will hopefully not require CSX paper work just to navigate thru CP 45 to access the P&W