Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#16539  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train headed north crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. just after 4:30p . two engines with about twenty cars , half the train was L.I.R.R. hoppers .

#17294  by WIN Tower

the CSX train crossed the L.I.R.R. mainline at 9:10a this morning , four engines brought eighty eight cars to Fremont , returning with only three cars at 10:50a. i happened to be in Riverdale this evening and saw the C.P. train north of Spuyten Duyvil at about 6:50p , two engines and about fifteen cars , one of which was a flat with an M-1 aboard .

#18732  by DogBert

CSX is on some sorta backwards schedule this week. Inbound train yesterday was @ 3pm, returned light 2 hours later. Inbound today at 3:30 with a short train...

Any known reason for this?

#18779  by WIN Tower

anybody notice the C.P. train northbound yesterday ? it woke me up early monday morning southbound to Fremont , but i did not see it northbound . interestingly , i saw the last eighty six cars of the CSX train near the BQE and Broadway about 4:10p. southbound to Fremont .

#18826  by DogBert

Yeap - it left around 5pm, about a half hour before CSX went back to the bronx light.

Today csx came back around 5:30. 2 hour turn around time later in the day, 4 hour turnaround in the mornings. I guess they take lunch when they come in early.

#20786  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train headed north , crossed over the L.I.R.R. mainline at 4:45p. with two engines and about fifteen to twenty cars , its hard to seen from my vantage point with all the foilage .

#21368  by WIN Tower

what a racket the C.P. train made this morning coming south to Fremont...it sounded like it was outside my window . i noticed only the last engine of the CSX train returning to Oak Point at 10:50a. light without one car in tow . if there were more engines i did not see them due to the foilage .

#21392  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R northbound at 4:25p. two engines and nine cars , the first two are flat's with M-1's aboard , and a L.I.R.R. engine on the rear end .

#21827  by DogBert

P&W in light last night around 11:30pm, two engines, left today around 10:30am, I believe, with CSX shortly thereafter. CP came in around 2AM last night.

There's still some sort of work going on around the main span of hell gate. saturday's CSX return trip stopped for a minute or two right at the main span...

#22493  by Mr Met

any pictures of the m-1's in fp at all

#23527  by WIN Tower

a few minutes ago , at 8:35p. , i saw the last four cars of a southbound freight train crossing over the mainline of the L.I.R.R. headed towards Fremont , anybody know what train it was ?

#23587  by DogBert

I was out and missed it - but there hasn't been a CP train thus far this week - might it have been CP? I can't imagine P&W coming into town so early, and CSX made their normal round trip at 8 and 11am, so it seems like the only logical deduction. Either that or some kind of extra or special move, but how often does that happen? Pretty much never...

#23655  by DogBert

Then again... maybe P&W? They left town this morning around 10:30ish, CSX followed it's normal morning routine.

#23990  by WIN Tower

the C.P. train crossed over the mainline of the L.I.R.R northbound at 4:15p. i believe there were two engines and about fifteen cars , with the foilage it is difficult to see . four of the cars were flats with M-1's aboard .

#24253  by WIN Tower

i heard a train passing over the L.I.R.R. mainline at 12:15a this morning , don't know what direction it was headed . due to the foilage i did not get up to look , just wondering if anybody knew what train it was . i also saw the CSX train at 3:15p headed north to Oak Point , two or three engines with a short train .