Railroad Forums 

• CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#8196  by DogBert

LIRR 407...

#8548  by DogBert

CSX over hell gate today around 1:45. with 2 B36s and an SD - seemed like the SD was dead, as well as one of the B's on the blink. Stalled out for a minute by the main span. With most of the grunt work done though my guess is they'll just roll downhill...

#8631  by Scrap em All

No they were all very much alive and well when they showed up to Pond. They had a heavy train plus wet rail conditions. That is enough to slow him down to a crawl.

#8804  by DogBert

weird. it sounded like only the lead B was doing much of anything. the sd seemed quiet and the other B made a noticable stop in noise just before the whole train immediately slowed to a crawl and stopped a minute or so later. It was practically out my window, elsewise I wouldn't have even noticed.

#8993  by DogBert

Lirr 409 at the end of today's CP train... 2 DMs this week...

#9072  by WIN Tower

C.P. train northbound over the L.I.R.R. mainline at 4:05p with two engines and seven cars plus another L.I.R.R. engine on the rear . two in a week , somebody in the mechanical department is very optimistic .

#11740  by DogBert

...I thought I was hearing things, but sure enough, CSX ran today. I believe they went light to fresh pond, came back after 6pm with maybe 30ish cars behind an SD & B36...

#11761  by Legio X

I hope both the NYA and CSX crews got premium pay for having to run on Easter....

#12048  by WIN Tower

the CSX train returned to Oak Point light at 4:10p this afternoon followed by the C.P. train at 4:45p , three engines with sixteen cars .

#12140  by Legio X

I saw the CP Rail power laying over in the yard next to the LIRR at about 1230.

#12974  by DogBert

ok, so P&Ws suppose to have the first rock train into town tomorrow - I know the big question is will the be bringing in the 2 GP's, but does anyone know when CP might start hauling rock again, and where it'll be going? And if P&W will be once or twice a week?

#12987  by jayrmli

I don't think you'll see any CP rock trains for awhile. Most of the cars are still here and loaded from last year. A cut of the cars were spotted on the siding over the winter, and some kids derailed a couple of them. There's another cut sitting in Farmingdale waiting unloading as well. As soon as the rock is unloaded, you'll probably start to see some movement again.

Jay

#12993  by emfinite

Someone's gotta get a few good digital photos of the stone train on Saturday... I'm going to be out of town and really don't want to miss it... Also hope that the 261 and 268 will be heading it.

#13070  by WIN Tower

does anybody know the schedule of the stone train , both ways ?

#13073  by emfinite

You can catch it through Mineola between approx. 830 and 930 am. The return trip would most likely be 3-4 hours later.