Railroad Forums 

• CSX - cwr rail train in South Braintree, MA

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#12189  by paulrail

There was talk on the Old Colony Forum last week of a cwr rail train sitting in CSX's South Braintree yard and that there also was a report that the yard was to be enlarged, due to the rebuilding of the Greenbush commuter rail line by the MBTA.

One person responded with the following:

"The S. Braintree yard is the same, if not bigger in size, as the current
interchange at E. Braintree. I would be surprised if anything is
done to the S. Braintree yard area."

BTW, anyone know where the cwr rail train went? Did they drop rail and go? I haven't found any signs of it at all.

Another person replied:...."I dunno. I might recon the Weymouth Landing area."

Does CSX Conductor or any one else have any information about these two situations?

Paul

#12349  by MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

what week was this? cause two Saturday's ago, a CSX rail train traveled down the NEC from Mansfield to Attleboro and then went down the Middleboro Secondary to Middleboro to drop off the rails that it had in the yard.

#12533  by CSX Conductor

Same train that went down there a few weeks ago F40. From what I undertstand the rail was for interchanging with the QBT / Fore River RR. I do not know for sure, but i I hear anything else I will post as soon as I can.

Paul, the train returned to Framingham on the next day using the same route which it used coming down>>>> MBTA's Middleboro main to Middleboro, CSX's Middleboro Secondary to Attleboro, Amtrak NHB main to Mansfield, and CSX's Framingham Secondary to Framingham via Walpole and Medfield. It then went west later on with either a new crew or as part of a manifet train.
 #12900  by pharmerphil54

Yes they are supposed to add 2 new tracks to Braintree yard, both for interchange with QBT and for mts for the Trash guy in Brockton. Yeah Csx Con. your right , Sonny Boy & I recrewed that train in Braintree that Sunday PM and handed it over to Ricky & Danny in Mansfield.

#13117  by CSX Conductor

surprised that you hadn't posted earlier PharmerPhil, seeing as you haven't been working alot. LOL.

#15359  by Fogg1703

No work at S. Braintree yet, but plenty of new ballast for FVRT. JF White is doing the ballast work with 2 or 3 hoppers and a Unimog. No sign of cwr on FVRT.

Brian