Railroad Forums 

• CSX in Gaithersburg,MD.

• Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.
Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

#1069336  by wm1200

ON 7-31 AND 8/1, CSX Mof W removed the westbd switch at MP22.8 and the spur leading to the gate of the Montgomery County fairgrounds. This also included the dwarf CPL, however the mainline CPLS at Wards just east are still up. The only thing using this spur was the Strates circus trains, but they apparently don't come there anymore. This is the location also of the new DD detector. Work is ongoing, I have a good look as CSX is using my employer's back parking lot to stage equipment.
 #1069501  by lvrr325

This seems to be CSX's latest deal, there's a couple of sections of rail pulled on the lead to the NYS Fairgrounds tracks in Syracuse NY.
 #1070176  by wm1200

Eastbd dwarf and siding switch still in place, no work here next 2 weeks account Montco fair, we'll see what happens at the end of the month. BTW, Ive not seen anything in this siding for years, and I've worked on the west side of the tracks for 8 years.
 #1070266  by SurlyKnuckle

Thanks for the info. Makes me wonder how the Westmoore pot signals have stay in place all this time...

You are correct to say there probably hasn't been anything in the siding for about a year, but they were using it, because I have tied up and taken work trains out of there. And there was a reefer parked there for several weeks a couple years ago with a pulled drawhead.

Ironic how they have no place to set off cars currently that get caught by the detector. Bucklodge is oos, the circus siding is oos, the school board siding is oos, the old part of the Sears lead is oos, they took out the switch @ Gaithersburg several years ago, and the one that used to go into Columbia Research.
 #1070401  by wm1200

yes, the sidings have been drastically cut back, the only place I recall a bad-order car being stored was the stub of the Georgetown branch (ballast hopper) and that was back in Jan-Feb. of this year. I toured the Met in February and noted many of the changes.
 #1070618  by poppyl

In the past I've seen bad orders set out on the lumber yard siding just south of Gude, on the siding just north of the Rockville station and on rare occasions, the little used gas siding closest to Rockville.

Poppyl