CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

Discussion of the operations of CSX Transportation, from 1980 to the present. Official site can be found here: CSXT.COM.

Moderator: MBTA F40PH-2C 1050

Backshophoss

Re: CSX-Oak Point/Fremont

Post by Backshophoss » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:55 pm

As was noted upthread,GE power is now the "normal" for SEOP/OPSE,they clear the 3rd rail and are rigged for MN cab signals/ACSES.
Selkirk was always a GE "Shop" dating back to PC era.
There's still the outside chance that CSX will sell off the freight service to the NY City,these units could be part of that deal.....
The Land of Enchantment is not Flyover country!

AlKaLI

Post by AlKaLI » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:16 am

In my usual trips to the city, I've caught strings of cars (look to be outbound to Oak Point) as my LIRR train speeds under the NY Connecting tracks.

A thought occurred that maybe gregoryrice could answer. Does CSX block (sort) and cars for the NY&A at either Selkirk or Oak Point?
Or do cars for the NY&A come in any order and then they are sorted at Fresh Pond for either Points West, East or to Brooklyn?

Thanks.

gregorygrice

Post by gregorygrice » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:19 am

AlKaLI wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:16 am
In my usual trips to the city, I've caught strings of cars (look to be outbound to Oak Point) as my LIRR train speeds under the NY Connecting tracks.

A thought occurred that maybe gregoryrice could answer. Does CSX block (sort) and cars for the NY&A at either Selkirk or Oak Point?
Or do cars for the NY&A come in any order and then they are sorted at Fresh Pond for either Points West, East or to Brooklyn?

Thanks.
Cars for NYA are sorted by NYA crews at Fresh Pond. Each place in the yard is for a certain service area/ group of customers. It is rare for CSX and Cross Harbor trains to be already blocked.

Statkowski

Post by Statkowski » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:12 pm

I'd assume that Cross Harbor and CSX trains are already blocked. They're blocked for NYA.
Ex-NYNH&H SS Opr

gregorygrice

Post by gregorygrice » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:22 am

Statkowski wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:12 pm
I'd assume that Cross Harbor and CSX trains are already blocked. They're blocked for NYA.
They are not.

Return to “CSX Transportation”