Railroad Forums 

• Baldwin Locomotive steam engine plack.............

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

#408277  by scottychaos

nice!

just FYI, its a "builders plate"

and the word is "plaque" not "plack"..

(just a few errors that could hurt your sale, because no one will be searching for a "plack"!) ;)

but I doubt you have any problems, since a Baldwin builders plate is quite a collectable.

and..you probably will never come back to this forum anyway to see my reply, so im probably talking to myself.. :wink:

Scot
 #408587  by sunshine98

To Scott,
I have this forum set up to let me know when I get any replys.
I take it you went to ebay and checked it out?
:P
P.S.
no your not talking to yourself

#409635  by Tadman

Right now there's a actually a bunch of BLW builder plates on eBay. If I had the money I'd buy every one of 'em. I have a few very unique builder plates from cranes, two of them Shepard-Niles which is somewhat related to BLH (the H part, to be specific). The biggest one is 4' long and weighs a lot.

#429769  by Tadman

Update to the builders plate thread:
One of my business partners just bought a massive foundry that was shut down earlier this year. Some of it is being scrapped out, and the fully-crane-covered remainder will be used for storage. Some of you may recall Hank and my discussion about the Niles Machine Company being part of the "Hamilton" in BLH. I have just removed a 5' long 1" thick cast iron builders plate from a 1908-vintage Niles Crane. The crane is not going to be used anymore, and overhead cranes really have no preservation value. I'll post pics of the biggest baddest BLH builders plate known to man when I get a chance. However, I need to find a safety line to get the builder plate down from the crane - the sum-of-bitch weighs wayyy too much to carry down the ladder...

#433243  by hankadam

Tadman: Please send me your name and mailing address - private email to [email protected]. I have some great pictures of the Hamilton Works = NILES, NBP, HOR which i will send Priority mail as soon as i hear from you. All the best, hank Rentschler