Railroad Forums 

• Data for Builders plate

• Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.
Discussion related to Baldwin Locomotive Works, Lima Locomotive Works, Lima-Hamilton Corporation, and Baldwin-Lima-Hamilton.

Moderator: lumpy72

#136149  by Gunns

Hi,
I am Kevin Evans, a member of the NMSL&RHS,
http://www.nmrhs.org/

And in the course of our restoration we need to replace the builders plates on 2926. The historic plates were stolen from the Locomotive when it was on display in the city park, and we are going to recast the plates to fill the spot on the smoke box. We need exact size data and layout for the plate. <note; we have the builders number and a fairly compleat set of drawings from the Santa Fe shops> The 2926 was built in 1944, and pulled many of the famous "Name" Trains for the Santa Fe. we hope to be opperational in about 6 years, and are making steady if slow progress. (the tender should be done this year, and asbestos abatement/boiler work is scedualed for next year) My current project, re making the bearings for the brake rigging on the Buckeye trucks,will soon be compleat, and the next will be the cast work for our Locomotive. Any help would be highly appreciated

Kevin
Lathe Lackey

#137749  by Gunns

Found one on line it is listed as 9.125 in dia. A photo blown up to size fits the studs on our loco now I need to know how thick it was, it looks like about .25 thick with the lettering about that much more.... any ideas?
Gunns
 #526699  by locomotive112

Did you see my post about the late style Baldwin builders plate drawing (blueprint) that is in my collection, it came from an original drawing set supplied with a 1948 Baldwin 2' gauge 2-8-2 exported to India. I bought the set in 1997 from the Indian Central RR.
The plate your loco would use is the one I have. Its shaped sort of like a house, with a high pitched roof. Its the last builders plate design used.

look here; http://railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40964