Railroad Forums 

• Lake Shore Limited

• Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.
Discussion related to Amtrak also known as the National Railroad Passenger Corp.

Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, mtuandrew, Tadman

#1473765  by benboston

Railjunkie wrote: Where would you store it? Then there is also the question of who is going to make up the hoses and 480 cables.
Possibly the CSX Yard...
 #1473783  by Railjunkie

dgvrengineer wrote:A 2 hour wait in Albany will probably be a tight connection on many days due to CSX handling of the LSL.
This summer there will be no switching preformed on the LSL,starting I believe May 26th. It will run Chicago Boston. There is no GCT/Albany portion of the train, you want to travel to Albany and catch the LSL it will be on a local train same if going in reverse. CSX hammers the train out west you dont make Albany in time to catch 64 I think your going to have a nice stay in the Albany station until the first one down in the AM.

Albany will be fuel and crew change thats it.
 #1473811  by Philly Amtrak Fan

If you want to go CHI-New York, you're probably better off taking the Capitol Limited and transferring in WAS (or if you like getting off the train at 5:05am eastbound or spending four hours in an Amshack westbound) Pittsburgh.
 #1473903  by BandA

The Boston outage is only two weekends, so four days. Boston Landing MBTA station is only about a 3 mile bus ride, and it's next to Beacon Park. Shuttle over the cleaners, food, honey wagon & diesel, have a watchman. And it's ADA compliant.
 #1474049  by Gilbert B Norman

Railjunkie wrote:. Albany will be fuel and crew change thats it.
Mr. Junkie, are there any gas pumps at the station? I rather doubt it, so I'd guess there will be a yard "service stop" first before the station.

Secondly anyone, have there been any sightings of V-IID's in Lake Shore consists? Once again, they have had nineteen cars on the property for now a month (six more to go); that should be enough to cover 19-20,87-88,448-449 and spares at all five end points (+ two more soaking up the sun at HIA).
 #1474063  by hs3730

Gilbert B Norman wrote:
Mr. Junkie, are there any gas pumps at the station? I rather doubt it, so I'd guess there will be a yard "service stop" first before the station.
They use fuel trucks. Eastbound they can pull up just past the platform on either 1 or 3 can be refueled while passengers, baggage, etc are loaded. Westbound they would likely use track 3 where they can refuel anywhere along the platform. The P42s always ran through BOS-CHI, so for Boston leg customers this will be business as usual.
 #1474089  by Amtrak706

Gilbert B Norman wrote:

Secondly anyone, have there been any sightings of V-IID's in Lake Shore consists? Once again, they have had nineteen cars on the property for now a month (six more to go); that should be enough to cover 19-20,87-88,448-449 and spares at all five end points (+ two more soaking up the sun at HIA).
I have been watching 48 and 49 come past my house every day and I can tell you no, not one V2 diner.
 #1475006  by NealG

I was walking along Cortes Stin Boston's Back Bay today (6/2) when I saw 449 with a VII diner (Nashville) ahead of two sleepers (and behind several Amfleet coaches) as it made its way into BBY before heading off to Chicago and points in between. This may be the first time I have ever seen a diner, VII or otherwise, anywhere north of NYP.
 #1475015  by bostontrainguy

NealG wrote:I was walking along Cortes Stin Boston's Back Bay today (6/2) when I saw 449 with a VII diner (Nashville) ahead of two sleepers (and behind several Amfleet coaches) as it made its way into BBY before heading off to Chicago and points in between. This may be the first time I have ever seen a diner, VII or otherwise, anywhere north of NYP.
Too bad you can't have a dinner in it!
 #1475047  by nomis

Checked into it and: 448 (1) had 68012 Harrisburg in it's consist, 448 (31) had 68020 Providence in it's consist. I will try to get another look and see when exactly 449 got a ViewChow.
 #1475316  by Railjunkie

The three view liners on the train were sleepers. 2 for NYP and 1 for the B&A. Diner light and cafe service on this consist. Front 5 for the B&A Rear 8 for NYP.
 #1475348  by superwarp1

What's up with the Boston leg of the Lake shore being bus only for the summer?
 #1475354  by Railjunkie

I know of no service disruptions track work or other going on this summer, but you never know with CSX.. Worked Monday and both 448/449 ran. Pulled up a random date in July and I could buy tickets.