Moderators: GirlOnTheTrain, Amtrak67 of America, Tadman, gprimr1
- Posts: 27
- Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:50 pm
Some quick thoughts:
With a total asking price of almost $6billion and no electrification options on the table I’m a little pessimistic of the overall feasibility and impact of the plan.
On the bright side I think the plan does a great job of identifying a need for full service at both Richmond Stations and shooting for higher average speeds as opposed to small segments of 110mph running.
Hopefully Virginia and North Carolina can pool their money together to really get an interstate corridor going!
- Posts: 6213
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:59 am
- Location: the Manassas Gap Independent Line
EDIT: nope, there’s an Expanded Virginia Regional Service thread in Amtrak. I’ll kick this thread over there and leave a link here.
- Posts: 1471
- Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:18 pm
- Location: Baltimore, MD
- Four track DC to Alexandria (some parts being worked on in different projects).
- Three track everywhere else save for Ashland station.
- Boot the can down the railroad on Ashland. (can you say bottleneck?)